Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best quality of life & brightest future?
Fort Worth 109 40.98%
Memphis 18 6.77%
Kansas City 77 28.95%
St. Louis 62 23.31%
Voters: 266. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 05:13 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,104,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
I mean...you have to put with cities in its league..
It's obvious that Memphis always losing polls has more to do with its reputation than anything. There was a poll on here not long ago where Memphis couldn't even beat El Paso. Just sad...

Old 05-08-2016, 07:05 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Merill View Post
Neither does Saint Louis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
Memphis never wins a poll.
Fort Worth is rarely ever in these polls (by itself) and even more rare to "win" them, mainly due to people's misinterpretations of what Fort Worth is.

Those two cities lose for different reasons...

Either way, nothing ever really comes from these. They're meaningless.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:42 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,714,694 times
These are all really good BBQ cities. But KC BBQ is by far my favorite.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:55 PM

9,682 posts, read 9,402,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
These are all really good BBQ cities. But KC BBQ is by far my favorite.
It is mine too. I also adore the sweet, spicy, tangy sauces as well on the meats.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:38 AM

3,491 posts, read 6,976,193 times
Fort Worth.
-WT

Old 02-19-2017, 11:09 PM

40 posts, read 44,450 times
Im going to be honest here ... Im not going to be though i want to be mean cause most of you are mean careless and reckless so i'll be the different for a change...

My vote goes hands down for St.Louis by far the most under appreciated most badly represented most put down and most neglected city on this list sadly how far St.Louis has fallen the city itself has made many positive strides despite the many challenges it faces the city itself will rise again.. I could careless how many people are moving to Forth Worth thats very childish and stupid in my opinion and trust me you all may think its important and its what makes a city in fact it doesn't people are only a part of what makes a city move and become alive..
I've never been to Forth Worth however I've driven through Dallas and i don't need to go much further than that theres nothing about Texas that yanks my chain and i'll leave it at that.. Kansas City is nice but the people there seem to have a vendetta against people of St.Louis and the people of Memphis weren't exactly as friendly as made out to be however all cities has it friendlies and not so friendlies. Culture St.Louis wins amenities St.Louis wins Downtown Kansas City wins St.Louis is 2nd Memphis 3rd Forth Worth 4th outdoors recreation need i say more St.Louis wins by a large margin and anyone that wants to argue have at it cause you can believe what you want a city thats perched on 2 of the countries greatest rivers need i say more let alone on the foothills of the ozarks shall i say more?? Theres no argument and shouldn't be go on ahead boost your city outdoor recreations again St.Louis wins Jobs St.Louis added over 30,000 jobs thats nearly all of what the state of Missouri created St.Louis is Missouri's economy and not to down Kansas City St.Louis is still today very important despite the city proper population declines theres strong signs of that stabilizing... Theres investment going on all around the city and things are only getting started.. Im tired of St.Louis being unfairly attacked and targeted because you feel its the right thing to do in fact you all that attack a city because you feel you can is your right however you're nothing more than a bully I could careless about how safe or how violent a city is all cities have crime point blank..
If i need to repeat i will St.Louis first Kansas City 2nd Memphis 3rd and Fort Worth 4th
All these cities are beautiful in their own way and serve a purpose for all people who feel comfortable in their settings I have respect for all cities and I'm not going to bash belittle even if my experiences weren't the greatest my opinion is my opinion however i seek positive experiences on all my journeys not to seek all the blemish's of negatives to complain about em to others.. I get it most of you don't like St.Louis and I'm not asking any of you to like it all I'm asking is respect the city for the many positives that it accomplish and is still accomplishing..
Remember no city immune to decline..

Old 02-20-2017, 04:01 AM

969 posts, read 2,073,921 times
Battle of blues & bbq. Best chili I've ever had was at BB King's on Beale in Memphis, so I'm goin with Memphis.

Old 02-21-2017, 11:27 AM

146 posts, read 223,677 times
This is between Kansas City and Saint Louis.
Memphis just can't stack up.

KC = better pro sports (NFL, MLB, MLS) better downtown, better economy, better high-tech jobs and is growing much faster.
KC also has a much younger, creative vibe with a far better arts and live music scene.
KC wins this one. (for some reason the photo link isn't working in the original post, here it is)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:D...f_Liberty2.jpg

Old 02-21-2017, 12:49 PM

1,160 posts, read 1,658,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumba77 View Post
This is between Kansas City and Saint Louis.
Memphis just can't stack up.

KC = better pro sports (NFL, MLB, MLS) better downtown, better economy, better high-tech jobs and is growing much faster.
KC also has a much younger, creative vibe with a far better arts and live music scene.
KC wins this one. (for some reason the photo link isn't working in the original post, here it is)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:D...f_Liberty2.jpg
Totally subjective. First of all, the quality of a city's live music scene is pretty hard to quantify, but according to Pollstar.com, St. Louis has more upcoming concert tour dates than Kansas City, MO and Kansas City, KS combined.

Also, you conveniently left off a few important factors that make cities what they are-- notably transit, research/higher education (Wash. U. all by itself demolishes all of KC's universities combined, let's be real), medical institutions/healthcare, parks, air connections, GDP, media/market size, and of course, density and urbanity.

So you can cherry-pick some points that KC does well, and no doubt it holds its own, but St. Louis is unquestionably the dominant metro of the two.

Last edited by JMT; 02-21-2017 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: violation of rules for posting images

Old 02-21-2017, 06:19 PM

146 posts, read 223,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgasm View Post
So you can cherry-pick some points that KC does well, and no doubt it holds its own, but St. Louis is unquestionably the dominant metro of the two.
I disagree with your assertion. This isn't 1996 anymore.
KC is clearly forging ahead and leading in pop growth, development and economy.
STL is clearly in decline in all of these with no end in sight.
In 5-10 years urban STL will not even be able to compete with Clayton MO for metro dominance.

KC's attractions and large urban entertainment Districts (P&L, Crossroads, Crown Center, Westport and Plaza) are superior to STL's. And Pollstar.com is not an indicator of the local live music scene in any way. KC has live music everywhere, the city is packed with live blues, jazz, Latin and rock stages and venues with more being added.

KC metro ranks #1 for 'business growth
Wendover-InsightPRM Releases National Business Growth Survey Report

KC metro ranks 15th for construction activity
First Half 2016 Commercial and Multifamily Construction Starts Reveal Increases For Many But Not

STL has it's old, colloquial charm, but KC is beautiful, younger and thriving.

Last edited by rumba77; 02-21-2017 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: violation of rules for posting images
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City