Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 08:48 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,519,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Because those states are the most talked about on this forum.. Tx Ca Ny. No one probably saw that thread because alot of people on here dont know anything about those 2 states.. But DAllas Philly Atlanta Houston LA NYC Chicago Boston.. Well mostly the tope 10 metros are always going to show up in the city vs City threads
No duh, but that doesn't really take away from my point. Because someone's too oblivious and caught up in their own lil world to notice how things really are around them, it means what they fail to notice exists doesn't exist? Just cause a New Yorker may be unaware of New Mexicans' pride doesn't mean it isn't real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 09:00 PM

215 posts, read 385,100 times
Quote:
I might cause some people come at my throat for saying this, but I think people in NYC have about as much state pride as Chicagoans. The difference is NYC holds the same name as its state. I think Californians and Texans have the most state pride out of everyone simply because they have plenty of options. Both of these states have more than one major city to choose from.
As someone who lives in New York state, but not NYC I still think there is a good amount of pride for people who don't live in the NYC area. I live in WNY and people love the food, Buffalo Bills/Sabres etc Not all of course, some people leave because of the weather or job situation, but anyway, the state of New York has other stuff going for it beside NYC. Niagara Falls, The Adirondack Mountains, Thousand Islands, Finger Lakes, The Catskills, Saratoga Springs and other medium sized cities like Rochester, Syracuse, White Plains, Albany etc I know all these things, combined with the awesome NYC make me glad to be in this state.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:26 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,579,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
From the Northern part of the state where you can be surrounded by farms and wooded areas where people go hunting everyday. Lakes where people go fishing, dirt roads, one house every 37393739 miles. To the Southern part of the state and the hustle and bustle of Miami's inner-city neighborhoods. And off to Central Florida where there is a mixture of both. But seriously like I said before, North Florida and South Florida are about as opposite as you can get, and probably the most opposite you'll see out of any other states in the country, without leaving the state.
No, I think TX, NY and CA got FL beat in that department.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:58 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
No, I think TX, NY and CA got FL beat in that department.
Lol, very funny.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:44 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
I think that's key. I know many New Yorkers (Long Island, Westchester County) that hate on North Jersey for identifying with New York (City). On the other hand, I don't know a lot of PA people that hate on South Jerseyans for identifying with Philly. NYC being called "New York" could be one reason why.
Most cities in general don't hate on there MSA- Only NYC, which is absurd, because without the metro they've developed, the city isn't the city we all know today.

NJ's crime has always been its location- It's really something most outsiders can't get a grasp on. The Chicago/LA/ATL/Boston metro is no different from the NYC metro in NJ. Yet people want to claim that NJ doesn't offer a city of its own, and that we're "leechers" of the two cities that just so happen to border NJ.
NYS and PA are huge states of their own, it's just as easy to put the blame on them for developing their largest, most important cities on NJ's welcome mat.

Besides, New Jersey was a state before New York ever was.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:30 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,852,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
NYS and PA are huge states of their own, it's just as easy to put the blame on them for developing their largest, most important cities on NJ's welcome mat.

Pittsburgh's earliest settlers were not from NJ but were native Americans ( Iroquois Tribe) and French Canadiens from Quebec.

But , my dad's side of my family came through Ellis Island to settle Pennsylvania and my mom came directly from Germany

Old 09-02-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondee View Post
Pittsburgh's earliest settlers were not from NJ but were native Americans ( Iroquois Tribe) and French Canadiens from Quebec.

But , my dad's side of my family came through Ellis Island to settle Pennsylvania and my mom came directly from Germany
I'm sorry, but I don't get how the relates to my comment.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:35 PM

51 posts, read 101,748 times
I like all three states.Cali has beaches,NY has husell and busell and Texas has both,so I choose TX.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaidenBikerbear View Post
I like all three states.Cali has beaches,NY has husell and busell and Texas has both,so I choose TX.

All of those states have both. It's not a poll either.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:23 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
Pennsylvania.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City