Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 02:02 AM

5,509 posts, read 11,880,875 times

Advertisements

this is the "project runway" of threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 06:48 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,521,087 times
Hrrm... I'm not sure if there is a unique fashion to the midwest, it is not a trend setter. It mostly comes from the coasts, la/nyc and a little from miami/vegas minor amount from san francisco but that is largely influenced by the west coast fashion trends itself. If I am not aware of some underlying fashion, I do apologize, and I am in arguably the most fashionable city in the midwest right now.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:45 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,820,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
what part of Michigan? Michigan is a huge state.
Taylor, MI

Old 09-26-2010, 11:16 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Hrrm... I'm not sure if there is a unique fashion to the midwest, it is not a trend setter. It mostly comes from the coasts, la/nyc and a little from miami/vegas minor amount from san francisco but that is largely influenced by the west coast fashion trends itself. If I am not aware of some underlying fashion, I do apologize, and I am in arguably the most fashionable city in the midwest right now.
After NYC/LA I would put Miami in 3rd. place. The city is full of modeling agencies like FORD and Versace actually has operations for designers there.
Why Las Vegas of all places?

Old 09-26-2010, 02:00 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,417,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Taylor, MI
Taylor-tucky? Certainly no fashion there.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:36 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,395,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post

Maybe for Chicago but Detroit styles isn't straight from anywhere. The only place we ever really get any style/trend from is NY and we don't copy it exactly. We may take something and wear it our own way. We never get any styles from the south lol. Most people in Detroit think southerners aren't the best dressers anyway. When it come to the westcoast its the same as the way we are with NY. Everybody takes something from somewhere else. The south actually immulate NY styles to the T more than anywhere. When I go out of state I can always tell if somebody is from Detroit. We don't really dress like anybody.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:52 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,395,457 times
ok so where are some pictures everybody (eek?) lol j/k

I'll post some later

Old 09-26-2010, 03:10 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,762,397 times
LRG's the main brand that people wear in the bay. After that idk... local brands include:

Live Mechanics
Filthy Dripped
Oaklandish
Ed Hardy

Other brands that I see all the time in the bay:

Coogi
Blac Label
Rocawear
Parish

Kicks:

Nikes
Converse
Vans
Adidas
Filas

Hats:

New Eras
Beanies

I mostly wear local stuff and Coogi... you'll never catch me in Ed Hardy though. lol

Old 09-26-2010, 03:27 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,521,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
After NYC/LA I would put Miami in 3rd. place. The city is full of modeling agencies like FORD and Versace actually has operations for designers there.
Why Las Vegas of all places?
Vegas is more of an extension of LA and California in general, there are several big industry events in Vegas as well as a fashion week and where LA celebrities are often seen. Any weekend, the majority of the people there are going to be from California. I would also put Miami 3rd, that is why I listed it as such. But who behind Miami ? I would say it is Las Vegas.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:33 PM

37,155 posts, read 39,418,669 times
SF/Bay Area isn't quite a fashion capital, but it does host Levi Strauss and the Gap (and its subsidiaries). Don't really see anything identifiable as a SF fashion sensibility though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City