Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
Toronto 160 53.87%
Atlanta 137 46.13%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 05:24 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,910,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
Exactly...and if you're not into that what is there to do in Atlanta...nothing. So it's boring and dangerous at the same damn time.

Jumping on someones band wagon is not good all the time because I can post plenty of videos of events and things that are non black that I have done around here in Atlanta.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:37 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,133,368 times
Just because a city has "non-black" nightlife doesn't make it good nightlife lol. Atlanta is good for rap/southern hip hop and it lacks in electronic music. Cool, so you go to Opera and see some whites? And? Aren't that many clubs in Atlanta that plays music other the rap/southern hip hop and trust me, in my freshman year living in downtown, I went clubbing a lot. The vast majority of clubs were hip hop clubs with twerking black girls. They were usually hoodrats too.

Cities like SF, NYC, and LA wasn't predominately southern rap/hip hop which made it fun.

Atlanta excels in rap/hip and lacks in pretty much everything else. It's not diverse in it's clubbing options. It has a decent number of bars though.

This is why people say it's great for blacks and not that great for anyone else. I agree with them.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:25 PM

716 posts, read 1,237,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Jumping on someones band wagon is not good all the time because I can post plenty of videos of events and things that are non black that I have done around here in Atlanta.
Post away...

Old 12-31-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Just because a city has "non-black" nightlife doesn't make it good nightlife lol. Atlanta is good for rap/southern hip hop and it lacks in electronic music. Cool, so you go to Opera and see some whites? And? Aren't that many clubs in Atlanta that plays music other the rap/southern hip hop and trust me, in my freshman year living in downtown, I went clubbing a lot. The vast majority of clubs were hip hop clubs with twerking black girls. They were usually hoodrats too.

Cities like SF, NYC, and LA wasn't predominately southern rap/hip hop which made it fun.

Atlanta excels in rap/hip and lacks in pretty much everything else. It's not diverse in it's clubbing options. It has a decent number of bars though.

This is why people say it's great for blacks and not that great for anyone else. I agree with them.

I actually like southern rap and the beats are good and all that but it seems to attract the biggest scum of all races. too much golds and tats all over. The worst are the white girls who listen to plies, boosie, webbie, etc.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
You will be quite surprised to find that White young adults are very much into rap and Hip Hip. For the record you are way off trying to say that video represents the black women here in Atlanta PLEASE!!!! Torontos black women wished they looked as good as the ones here:

Shout has this thru out the summer

The Sunset Lounge Day Party @ Shout! - 04/18/10 - YouTube

this was New years 2011

PROFESSIONAL RELAXATION NYE 2K11 at The BILTMORE RECAP PT 2 (THE CLUB NATION) - YouTube

ART of SEDUCTION at AJA - LABOR DAY WKND 9/05/10 RECAP - YouTube

My Aunt is from Ottawa Canada and She got married in Toronto and we went there and let me tell u.People are rude, everything is overpriced, homelessness and crackheads are everywhere worse than Atlanta . Summer garbage stinks to high heaven and winter is not much better. It is nothing special about toronto but that its a highly populated area where the unis and corporate office jobs are and its very diverse and vibrant..

My Aunts sister lives near uptown close to Thorn hill in North York the pollution, drugs, dirt, cockroaches, homeless and nasty people and idiots are rampant in Toronto. The more North you go, past Richmond Hill the better the attitude of people gets and the better vibe and cleanliness.

there is absolutely nothing in the world that Toronto is known for that statement is soooo correct – a mediocre financial centre, mediocre bars, zero night life, for it to be such this big cosmopolitan place..

Toronto has all the ambiance, beauty and subtlety of a set of office cubicles and the cultural vibrance of a port-o-potty. Whenever you ask a Torontonian what makes Toronto great they always say "Well, it's so diverse!" Since when did this become the model of Civic pride? Some would say that multiculturalism is Toronto's culture, and that is a valid point, but they should be reminded that Toronto's idea of multiculturalism consists of people isolating themselves in their little ethnic communities and giving the cold shoulder to outsiders.

For All you people ragging on Toronto hell most of them Bash the U.S.A anyways they really dont like Americans. they feel they are superior to us they have no respect and are very rude.

Toronto definetly has the most bums. But the difference is they won't rob or kill you for no reason like many people lving in HOUSES would in the atl...there's barely any crime in toronto even though everything is so expensive. I agree it's a very boring city but at least the people deal with it and don't rob and hustle so much. I also agree that they push this diversity nonsense like crazy, as if most cities in America AREN'T diverse. And people up there are so reserved which doesn't help the boringness factor, but they don't look for trouble either.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:12 PM

1,669 posts, read 4,240,867 times
How is Toronto a boring city? There's an exhausting amount of things to do on a daily basis no matter what your tastes are. The city is far too busy and lively to be written off as "boring" and sometimes just walking down the street in the heart of downtown is something of an adventure. The place is seriously hopping. Furthermore, anyone who thinks thinks the city lacks culture or nightlife is an ignoramus, the cultural and creative output coming out of the city is astounding (probably third in N.A. behind NY and LA), and in terms of nightlife the city is certainly no slouch and has something for everybody.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticman View Post
How is Toronto a boring city? There's an exhausting amount of things to do on a daily basis no matter what your tastes are. The city is far too busy and lively to be written off as "boring" and sometimes just walking down the street in the heart of downtown is something of an adventure. The place is seriously hopping. Furthermore, anyone who thinks thinks the city lacks culture or nightlife is an ignoramus, the cultural and creative output coming out of the city is astounding (probably third in N.A. behind NY and LA), and in terms of nightlife the city is certainly no slouch and has something for everybody.

It's cold all the time, everything there is way too expensive, the people are boring, the women are extremely hard to get, the sports teams are awful and expensive to see, they have the same kind of night life everywhere else.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:27 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Miami's not that diverse either. It's mostly cuban with about 20% black and less than 10% white. not much else to speak of. When people say toronto's diverse it's about so many people of every nationality living there. If you want real diversity in the south try Houston or Dallas. Atlanta's not segregated? I don't remember seeing anyone who isn't black living in pittsburgh, mechanicsville, bankhead, etc. I know Washington DC has plenty of rich black suburbs but it was number 6 on that list.
Of course Toronto is diverse.Atlanta diversity is nowhere close.Its average not nonexistent.People in this country are not use to seeing such large numbers of blacks.So no matter how diverse it is,it will seem like it blacks are only in certain areas only.Yes it is true that some neighbirhoods are predominately black by as much as 95%.There are also neighborhoods that predominatly white like Buckhead.The differece is that even though it maybe majority white ,the percentage is much lower and a significant number of blacks and others still live there.
The neighborhoods you mentioned with the exception of Bankhead,have become increasingly white,I say at least 20% as more record number of whites have been moving back into the city.Every city is segregated.In Houston and Dallas you have high numbers of Hispanics and whites living in neighborhoods that are more devoid of almost any other race.This is true with D.C. also.It has a lot to do with lower incomes amongst minorities more than actual segregations. In Atlanta,Blacks in particular,live everywhere.Due to the higher level of blacks with higher incomes.
Why have diversity if there less intergration and interaction amongst races.Also diversity is not just nationalities.If that was all it was then you really are wrong about Atlanta.There are as many consulates as there in Miami if not more.
Atlanta black population in the city has been declining as more blacks can afford to live wherever suburb they choose.The white population in the city has caused most of the growth.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post

Quote:

NO,!YOU GOT EVERYTHING IN ATLANTA!You obviously dont what you are talking about of you did you would know about:

MJQ Concorse(my favorite for years)
Asylum East Atlanta
The Shelter-
Quad-Rave scene
Chapperal
The Graveyard East Atlanta
In Gwinnet County there are many options as well
Cosmolava
Reignn
All electronic music.There are more than that too.I cant even tell you the last time i have een to a hip hop club.What hip hop clubs are you talking about downtown?

Old 01-01-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Races in Fulton County, Georgia:
White Non-Hispanic Alone (43.7%)
Black Non-Hispanic Alone (42.5%)
Hispanic or Latino (8.1%)
Asian alone (4.1%)
Two or more races (1.0%)

Races in DeKalb County, Georgia:
Black Non-Hispanic Alone (53.6%)
White Non-Hispanic Alone (30.7%)
Hispanic or Latino (10.1%)
Asian alone (4.1%)
Two or more races (1.1%)

Races in Clayton County, Georgia:
Black Non-Hispanic Alone (59.8%)
White Non-Hispanic Alone (21.6%)
Hispanic or Latino (11.4%)
Asian alone (5.1%)
Two or more races (1.4%)
Some other race alone (0.5%)

Races in Gwinnett County, Georgia:
White Non-Hispanic Alone (51.9%)
Black Non-Hispanic Alone (19.8%)
Hispanic or Latino (16.8%)
Asian alone (9.4%)
Two or more races (1.4%)

Races in Cobb County, Georgia:
White Non-Hispanic Alone (60.0%)
Black Non-Hispanic Alone (22.3%)
Hispanic or Latino (11.3%)
Asian alone (4.1%)
Two or more races (1.2%)
Some other race alone (0.9%)

The only one that's exceptionally diverse is Gwinnett
These are diverse counties.More diverse than Toronto?NO.Which still means nothing just to be diverse but more segregated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City