Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is San Francisco-San Jose the West Coast equivalent of Phialdelphia-New York City?
Yes 16 10.67%
No 134 89.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 11:22 AM

36,660 posts, read 67,548,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
And what facts are these, reality

yep a tough one for you
haha....the reality is that Philadelphia is not cut off at 10,000 persons per square mile at its UA border-hardly.

The reality is that there is most definitely NOT more than 7.5 million people living in between NYC and Philadelphia. It really isnt even half that if we're being technical, possbly only a third.

But why ruin delusion with facts. I mean its more convenient to pretend. right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 11:31 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,941,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
haha....the reality is that Philadelphia is not cut off at 10,000 persons per square mile at its UA border-hardly.

The reality is that there is most definitely NOT more than 7.5 million people living in between NYC and Philadelphia. It really isnt even half that if we're being technical, possbly only a third.

But why ruin delusion with facts. I mean its more convenient to pretend. right?

So this reality is that Trenton is not 11+K ppsm?
Trenton, New Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And technically the are half or 33% of 7.5 million? or 2.6 Million?

Hmmm; so people in all those places along the way somehow dont count?

What is Delusional Disorder? (Mental Health Guru) - YouTube

Old 03-30-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
So this reality is that Trenton is not 11+K ppsm?
Yes, and that has zero to do with Philadelphia--which is what your original point was, that PHILLY is somehow unfairly 'cut off'---yawn. No not really, Northeast Philadelphia all the way to the river is largely suburban, well below 10,000 persons per square mile.

Quote:
And technically the are half or 33% of 7.5 million? or 2.6 Million?
Actually 2.6 million is probably closer to the accurate figure but I wanted to spare your feelings.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Yes, and that has zero to do with Philadelphia--which is what your original point was, that PHILLY is somehow unfairly 'cut off'---yawn. No not really, Northeast Philadelphia all the way to the river is largely suburban, well below 10,000 persons per square mile.

Actually 2.6 million is probably closer to the accurate figure but I wanted to spare your feelings.
So again I made the statment that the UA cut line is at point where there is a 10K ppsm density. Is this not true?

And lastly saying Trenton has affiliation with Philadelphia is as stupid as suggesting that SJ and SF have no affiliation (oh wait here comes your census comments etc.) But there in lies exactly what I am talking about and my original point which was TRUE and you claimed false (Montclair it is slander and a slippery slope to continue to evade the FACT that you slandered my character when in FACT what I said and have proved is absolutely TRUE; yet you continue your stupid side steps while making slanderous comments; which in certain instances are actually illegal) Stop accusing me of lying when in FACT you are the one who is and continues to sidestep while making slanderous accusations.

My feelings are fine and my facts are facts; am perfectly fine with them but WILL ALWAYS call out your trite little isms...

Old 03-30-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
So again I made the statment that the UA cut line is at point where there is a 10K ppsm density. Is this not true?

And lastly saying Trenton has affiliation with Philadelphia is as stupid as suggesting that SJ and SF have no affiliation (oh wait here comes your census comments etc.) But there in lies exactly what I am talking about and my original point which was TRUE and you claimed false (Montclair it is slander and a slippery slope to continue to evade the FACT that you slandered my character when in FACT what I said and have proved is absolutely TRUE; yet you continue your stupid side steps while making slanderous comments; which in certain instances are actually illegal) Stop accusing me of lying when in FACT you are the one who is and continues to sidestep while making slanderous accusations.

My feelings are fine and my facts are facts; am perfectly fine with them but WILL ALWAYS call out your trite little isms...
The point of calling someone out is to do so with correct information, not personal opinion. Do ponder that.

1. Philadelphia is NOT abruptly "cut off" at 10,000+ persons per square at any point of its entire UA or MSA or CSA border.

2. There are nowhere near 8 Million people living between the city of NY and the city of Philadelphia.

No ifs, ands or buts about it.

These little excercises are amusing tho. Anything else?

Old 03-30-2012, 12:42 PM

Hence its a undebatable fact that New York and Philadelphia are NOTHING like San Francisco and San Jose when it comes to consistent density, overlapping development and absolutely NOTHING like San Francisco and San Jose when it comes to regional cohesion.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:43 PM

896 posts, read 1,170,911 times
This thread is a major failure, why don't the mods just close it

Old 03-30-2012, 12:45 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,005,246 times
18Montclair;23640795]
Quote:
The point of calling someone out is to do so with correct information, not personal opinion. Do ponder that.

1. Philadelphia is NOT abruptly "cut off" at 10,000+ persons per square at any point of its entire UA or MSA or CSA border.

Quote:
2. There are nowhere near 8 Million people living between the city of NY and the city of Philadelphia.

Quote:

Old 03-30-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:

So again; two part question

Is Trenton on the Philadelphia UA broder?

Is Trenton over 10,000 ppsm?

You answer and decide whom is lying here or continue to obsficate the truth and relaity in your little world

But who is the liar Monty? Can you face that reality

Old 03-30-2012, 12:50 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,005,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliSon View Post
This thread is a major failure, why don't the mods just close it
Actually the majority of this thread has been pretty good to the contrary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City