Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:30 AM

476 posts, read 2,817,492 times

Advertisements

Los Angeles
San Francisco/Oakland
San Diego
Sacramento
Las Vegas
Phoenix
Denver

What do you think about these choices ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,344,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxs78 View Post
San Francisco/Oakland
Did they merge or what? Oakland is the answer. San Francisco barely remembers black people.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,940 times
Second what krudmank says. SF just sticks African Americans in the projects and screams about how accepting they are from Haight Ashbury. Oakland is the place to go for blacks, also SD is good as well.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:33 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,373,235 times
Denver.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
Denver.

What's the reason ?

Old 02-09-2009, 02:18 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,685,374 times
Quote:
Denver.
This made me laugh it was out of now where "Denver" Then xxs78 is thinking "Are you Kidding" I Mean for what Reason.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:32 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,679,798 times
Oakland..you probably wouldnt want to live to the black neighborhoods in SF..I mean they wanna tear the projects in Hunters Point down and replace it with luxury places...I spent a good time of my life inbetween those and a house in HP and while SF is very black friendly Oakland is the more sensible choice.But Fillmore and The Mission are also very good neighborhoods for blacks. I have to add Long Beach and San Diego though.
But to say SF barely remembers us is ridiculous..if you want I can point you towards places youll see only blacks?
But its true in a way that there trying to get rid of the "ghettos" and force all the blacks into the east bay.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:24 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,373,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxs78 View Post
What's the reason ?
Denver is a very progressive and up and coming city.

Denver; though only 10.8% black, has already elected a black mayor Wellington Webb.

Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library.

Black American West Museum.

Denver African American Commission.

Afrrican American Voice Newspaper.

Denver has a great sports scene.

Denver is close to great outdoor attractions.

Denver has and is nearby good colleges and universities.

Stable and diverse economic base.

Denver is second to only D.C. in the amount of Federal jobs.

To those who found my choice 'funny'; maybe because I didn't choose a California city, this is my OPINION and as a black male if I was forced to pick a city in the West as my home, it would be Denver.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:19 PM

93,197 posts, read 123,819,554 times
Quote:
Denver is a very progressive and up and coming city.

Denver; though only 10.8% black, has already elected a black mayor Wellington Webb.

Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library.

Black American West Museum.

Denver African American Commission.

Afrrican American Voice Newspaper.

Denver has a great sports scene.

Denver is close to great outdoor attractions.

Denver has and is nearby good colleges and universities.

Stable and diverse economic base.

Denver is second to only D.C. in the amount of Federal jobs.

To those who found my choice 'funny'; maybe because I didn't choose a California city, this is my OPINION and as a black male if I was forced to pick a city in the West as my home, it would be Denver.
I second Denver too and for the reasons listed. Seattle is another city due to similar reasons. They have had a Black mayor and a Black county executive too. Oakland, San Diego, Las Vegas and Sacramento would be good too. Portland might be alright too. A sleeper might actually be Salt Lake City.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
Oakland..you probably wouldnt want to live to the black neighborhoods in SF..I mean they wanna tear the projects in Hunters Point down and replace it with luxury places...I spent a good time of my life inbetween those and a house in HP and while SF is very black friendly Oakland is the more sensible choice.But Fillmore and The Mission are also very good neighborhoods for blacks. I have to add Long Beach and San Diego though.
But to say SF barely remembers us is ridiculous..if you want I can point you towards places youll see only blacks?
But its true in a way that there trying to get rid of the "ghettos" and force all the blacks into the east bay.

The african american population declines in Oakland .The cost of living is probably a reason!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City