Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More relevant city in the future
Houston 44 36.97%
San Francisco 75 63.03%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 06:02 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
You don't really seem to be tracking with this conversation. You should stick to fabrications about strip clubs located next to schools and churches in Houston.
Again, where was San Francisco during Hurricane Katrina?

Did they offer to fly any families up there to live permanently?

Probably not because they would've immediately shipped them straight across the bay into Oakland to live on the streets with the rest of the "undesirables". San Francisco doesn't like Black people unless they are gay or living in Oakland.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:16 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,840,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Lyoko View Post

I think Houston's about 35-40 years away from a finished product. It's a work in progress.

... Fantastic foods, culture, attractions, so on. Houston improves on that year after year.
I'd agree.

Though I can think of several other cities this would describe as well.

And then there are other cities, which are past their prime/peak.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:18 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,961,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
I'd agree.

Though I can think of several other cities this would describe as well.

And then there are other cities, which are past their prime/peak.
Of course, I can list those cities to you. Dallas, Atlanta, Philadelphia, my city Washington DC, Denver, Phoenix, Detroit, Minneapolis, and Miami (major work on this one, it has tourism down, now to work on livability A LOT).

Hell even Chicago, when the Westside stops looking like Kabul, Afghanistan or a Chernobyl-lite, then it can say it's a finished product.

Cities like San Francisco and New York, I'd say are in their best shape ever, at their prime and will continue to be for eons more. I think most of the rest have some serious work to start getting to though.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:28 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yes, keep telling yourselves whatever you need to hear in order to ease the pain.
Doesn't matter to me...i prefer to live in SF if i had the money...just saying what the company plans to do with several friends who work for Chevron.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:29 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
hahaha..where was America? So the suffering in the Super Dome is SFs fault? The levee failure is SFs fault?

How bizarre? And search and rescue personnel, aid and supplies, money etc, was sent from the Bay Area just like everywhere else, what a stupid and warped thing to ask.

Quote:
Yes, just like everywhere else in the country.

Quote:
Probably not because they would've immediately shipped them straight across the bay into Oakland to live on the streets with the rest of the "undesirables". San Francisco doesn't like Black people unless they are gay or living in Oakland.
Oh so people from New Orleans that came to Houston were given mansions in River Oaks?hahahaha

Please dont act like your special cause we house up to 1 million illegals like a #boss and dont go complain to rightwing radio about it.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, THE STATE OF TEXAS WANTS TO RENAME "SLAVE TRADE" AS "ATLANTIC TRIANGULAR TRADE" BECAUSE IT MINIMIZES THE EVIL THAT IS SLAVERY.

So what SF did about Katrina is really the last of your worries.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:34 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,134,833 times
Quote:

You're way out of your depth now. Do you have any idea how asinine this argument is and how convoluted the construct of your "logic" is? Katrina happened more than 2000 miles away from San Francisco. Of course Houston was better positioned to offer aid. It has nothing to do with "black people".

Did Houston fly black people in from the Bay Area after the '89 quake?

What a strange and desperate attempt at misdirection this is on your part. It's the argument of a child.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:34 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Doesn't matter to me...i prefer to live in SF if i had the money...just saying what the company plans to do with several friends who work for Chevron.
Im happy for you but there are no plans, official or otherwise, to move the corporate headquarters.

You should know better than to try to pass off gossip as fact in city-vs-city.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
hahaha..where was America? So the suffering in the Super Dome is SFs fault? The levee failure is SFs fault?

How bizarre? And search and rescue personnel, aid and supplies, money etc, was sent from the Bay Area just like everywhere else, what a stupid and warped thing to ask.

Yes, just like everywhere else in the country.

Oh so people from New Orleans that came to Houston were given mansions in River Oaks?hahahaha

Please dont act like your special cause we house up to 1 million illegals like a #boss and dont go complain to rightwing radio about it.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, THE STATE OF TEXAS WANTS TO RENAME "SLAVE TRADE" AS "ATLANTIC TRIANGULAR TRADE" BECAUSE IT MINIMIZES THE EVIL THAT IS SLAVERY.

So what SF did about Katrina is really the last of your worries.
African people enslaved themselves. Texas neither started nor ended slavery. Its also the last of our worries at this point as it should be with everyone else in the nation who wasn't alive 150 years ago. No need for apologies or reparation (unless your name starts with a b & ends with an a) because that generation died off 50 years ago.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:43 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,134,833 times
Quote:
African people enslaved themselves. Texas neither started nor ended slavery. Its also the last of our worries at this point as it should be with everyone else in the nation who wasn't alive 150 years ago. No need for apologies or reparation because everyone who was alive then died off 50 years ago.
Heh. Earlier, I wanted to note that one of Zedd's posts was a great illustration of just how far behind the Texas mentality really was. I'm glad I didn't, because this one is even better.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
Heh. Earlier, I wanted to note that one of Zedd's posts was a great illustration of just how far behind the Texas mentality really was. I'm glad I didn't, because this one is even better.
Yeeeaahh...Texas is far behind mentally because we don't support reparation of slavery or amnesty for illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City