Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Phoenix or Denver?
Phoenix 51 33.12%
Denver 103 66.88%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 06:57 PM

6 posts, read 27,125 times

Advertisements

Hey guys! My family and I are planning on moving to a much larger city within the four corners. We are trying to decide whether to move to Denver or Phoenix?I know they are two completely different cities climate wise but what do they have to offer in terms of lifestyle, nightlife, shopping, and enviornment? Also what neighborhoods are best to live in? Thanks.

Last edited by sw_native; 06-12-2011 at 07:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 08:55 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,702,783 times
Hello sw_Native

As far as both of these cities go, (IMO) either way , they are both GREAT options.! I would recommend Denver, but thats only because I'm bias to the city i grew up in. I suggest taking a weekend trip to both of them in order to see what vibe,and atmospher suits you better.

Lifestyle: Both very outdoorsy cities with tons of activity. Denvers public schools/Neighborhoods (If you have kids) are better. But that doesnt mean that Phoenix doesn't have great options as well. In Phoenix, it does get quite hot, so comfortable clothing is part of the life style as well. Denver you kind of have to just figure out what the weather is going to be like and choose your clothing based on the weather.

Nightlife: Thought Phoenix is a larger city, Denver easily has a more "Alive" nightlife scene.

Shopping: I think Denver may have the edge on this, but Phoenix probably has many options that may just be different. So its a tie.

Enviornmet: Denver (IMO)

Both cities are great, but I think in many peoples opinions Phoenix is just a big city that seems about the same size as Denver. Both good City for (Big City) living. Try both, and see what one you perfer.

If my opinion matters, i would Chose Denver

Good Luck on your decision.!

Old 06-13-2011, 07:17 AM

8,619 posts, read 10,146,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Hello sw_Native

As far as both of these cities go, (IMO) either way , they are both GREAT options.! I would recommend Denver, but thats only because I'm bias to the city i grew up in. I suggest taking a weekend trip to both of them in order to see what vibe,and atmospher suits you better.

Lifestyle: Both very outdoorsy cities with tons of activity. Denvers public schools/Neighborhoods (If you have kids) are better. But that doesnt mean that Phoenix doesn't have great options as well. In Phoenix, it does get quite hot, so comfortable clothing is part of the life style as well. Denver you kind of have to just figure out what the weather is going to be like and choose your clothing based on the weather.

Nightlife: Thought Phoenix is a larger city, Denver easily has a more "Alive" nightlife scene.

Shopping: I think Denver may have the edge on this, but Phoenix probably has many options that may just be different. So its a tie.

Enviornmet: Denver (IMO)

Both cities are great, but I think in many peoples opinions Phoenix is just a big city that seems about the same size as Denver. Both good City for (Big City) living. Try both, and see what one you perfer.

If my opinion matters, i would Chose Denver

Good Luck on your decision.!
I love both of these cities.

I think for weather, it is a split. I prefer Phoenix winters, but Denver summers and seasons.

Nightlife: Denver has more happening downtown which may make it appear more alive. Phoenix has just started luring more people to its downtown; however, a large chunk still frequent Scottsdale and Mill Ave in Tempe among other places in the valley. Tie.

Shopping: I have to go with Phoenix as there are more options for all types of shopping. Upscale definitely goes to Phoenix and Scottsdale.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:22 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,072,676 times
Upscale could just as easy go to Denver and Cherry Creek.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
Upscale could just as easy go to Denver and Cherry Creek.
No, I'm pretty confident that Phoenix/Scottsdale win in this department.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:12 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,502,303 times
For climate and the outdoors, Denver wins.

For jobs and shopping, Phoenix wins.

I think the big difference other than the climate and elevation is Denver is more centrally-concentrated, Phoenix is much more spread out and looks something like a desert version of Los Angeles.

Both cities are pretty much a tie for sports, Phoenix has the advantage of having all the professional franchises but Denver's teams have had more championships.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:21 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,806,093 times
Phoenix Arizona is on the "come-up".....Best believe trying to relocate there from NC....Attributes going for it include great weather; affordable cost of living; palm trees; centrally located to other major cities such as Vegas, LA, San Diego......Plus just plain more to do than in Charlotte, NC..
Yes Denver has the Rockies and all of the breathtaking snow.....but i think I'll still take my chances in Phoenix.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
For climate and the outdoors, Denver wins.

For jobs and shopping, Phoenix wins.

I think the big difference other than the climate and elevation is Denver is more centrally-concentrated, Phoenix is much more spread out and looks something like a desert version of Los Angeles.

Both cities are pretty much a tie for sports, Phoenix has the advantage of having all the professional franchises but Denver's teams have had more championships.
Denver and Phoenix have the same amount of pro sports teams.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
No, I'm pretty confident that Phoenix/Scottsdale win in this department.
I don't belive so.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I don't belive so.
You don't have to believe me...just do some research yourself on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City