Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2014, 02:10 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times

Advertisements

Dallas - 6 votes
Houston - 13 votes

St Louis - 12 votes
Kansas City - 8 votes

Seattle - 15 votes
Portland - 5 votes

NYC - 15 votes
Boston - 5 votes

LA - 10 votes
SF - 10 votes

Philadelphia - 16 votes
Cleveland - 4 votes

Chicago - 11 votes
San Diego - 8 votes

San Antonio - 3 votes
Honolulu - 16 votes

--------------------

Tiebreaker :

Los Angeles vs San Francisco
i will count the next 3 votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 03:21 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,704,020 times
Los Angeles

Old 05-18-2014, 03:35 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,110,925 times
That guy already voted. Arrest him or something.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:46 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,966,660 times
Strangely, I like the San Francisco Bay Area more than Greater Los Angeles but prefer Los Angeles the city to San Francisco the city.

Anyone else similar?

Old 05-18-2014, 04:17 PM

96 posts, read 252,499 times
My vote counts... as the last third one... Okay lets see.

I'll say San Francisco because its more a city... being from philly, a city thats dense and close is the best cities.

Not where you NEED a car to get around. You shouldn't be from the projects of San Francisco/Philly, etc. and be struggling, the poor needs to live. The rich will live. Working class should be living okay. and The businesses should be booming plus another thing

Los Angeles downtown... Just horrible to me. Skidrow... HORRIBLE. The people... I can imagine all the movie stars, etc, talking down on you (Let's say you live in South/East LA) once you step in the same room as you. Like oh... "You're not a rich as me? HAHA!"

I just feel SF is better all around.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:14 PM

895 posts, read 1,240,345 times
Thanks invincible... I'll get the new round up later...I've been busy!!

Old 05-18-2014, 08:29 PM

Sorry everyone I had a lot going on with work and then it was.my birthday the other day so been busy but anywaysssss....round 4 getting down to the nitty gritty. Voting ends next Sunday a full week! However you must give at least a simple explanation of why you picked each city in order to promote some discussion.

I'll trust invincibles numbers are correct..

Houston vs Seattle

I'm going with Seattle. I think Seattle offers a lot of nicer communities with great access to the outdoors. I think Seattle wins the lower crime, better architecture, cooler skyline, better pro sports scene (seahawks mainly), better outdoors, and just in my view a more appealing city to me.

New York vs Honolulu

I'm going with New York. Quite honestly wouldn't want to live in either for very different reasons. I think Honolulu is almost my ideal place perfectly drawn out BUT its on an ISLAND. Its secluded. Jobs are harder to find. Cost of living is high, not nearly as many amenities, things take longer to get to the island than it would elsewhere, and it just seems ad though the lifestyle might get old after awhile...
New York is not my ideal city by any means but it does offer quite a bit.

Chicago vs Philadelphia

I'll go with my hometown of Chicago. Chicago just has way to much to offer here. Best food in the country, the best skyline/downtown possibly in the USA, the burbs offer s great lifestyle as far as schooling and homes, the city has great sports, great architecture, plenty of culture, and is a world class city. Philly can hold its own and definitely might be one of the most historic cities but I don't think the lifestyle in comparison with Chicagos would be better to me.

St.Louis vs LA (had spouse vote)

This is a weird matchup but I'll go with LA. I personally think Cali is ALMOST my perfect place in my head but then I remember the whole earthquake, high crime, extreme high cost of living, unreal home prices and bountiful poverty that snaps me back. However LA wins because of weather, outdoors (beaches I mountains), location to other cities AnD the lifestyle in LA would suit me better than the one id imagine in sT Louis.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:32 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,698,612 times
1. Seattle
2. New York City
3. Chicago
4. Los Angeles

Old 05-18-2014, 08:33 PM

I will say this though...I live I'm Austin and am.from Chicago so on obviously have no homer pull in what I'm about to say but instead its based on my personal experience. I don't know how Houston beat Dallas. I mean dallas wins in nearly every catergory...feels safe, awesome skyline, plenty of amenities and cool.shopping, the cowboys stadium is insane, fort worth is close, six flags is right there, and just the whole vibe feels way better.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:06 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny12 View Post
I will say this though...I live I'm Austin and am.from Chicago so on obviously have no homer pull in what I'm about to say but instead its based on my personal experience. I don't know how Houston beat Dallas. I mean dallas wins in nearly every catergory...feels safe, awesome skyline, plenty of amenities and cool.shopping, the cowboys stadium is insane, fort worth is close, six flags is right there, and just the whole vibe feels way better.
That's the great thing about people having differing opinions and preferences. What you think is better doesn't necessarily mean everyone else will feel that way. Many of the things you mentioned Houston also has. I live here and feel safe, we have a great skyline, plenty of cool places to shop, great stadiums right in the heart of downtown, and for millions of people living here a great vibe.

I prefer Austin to Houston because it just has more that I love about a city but I wouldn't be upset if other people like other cities over it.

Dallas is a great city. Losing to Houston on this thread doesn't make it any less great.

As for this round my vote goes:

1.Seattle (love the mountains and the proximity to Vancouver. Also love the damp weather.)
2. New York (Manhattan is a beast and living there seems like it would be very exciting.)
3. Chicago (I love that it's on the lake and I also like the canals).
4. LA (Reminds me of what Houston might be like if it's population exploded).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City