Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: St. Pete FL vs New Orleans LA
St. Pete, Florida 25 59.52%
New Orleans, Louisiana 17 40.48%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 02:16 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,210,300 times

Advertisements

This is going to be an interesting one.

My personal opinion is that 'Tampa' isn't all that interesting of a city. But the Tampa Bay metro is quite large like New Orleans. But, instead of 'Tampa', we use St. Pete as the nucleaus for the Tampa Bay area.

Would you rather live in St. Pete or New Orleans? Why? What would be your attractions for living. So, take in mind it's not TOURIST perspective of Carnival vs. Beach.

BUT, for actually LIVING in one of the two metros - St. Pete or New Orleans? Which would you choose and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 07:19 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,214,684 times
I love New Orleans, and would love to live there again at some point, and I do think it's probably the better city overall. However, I think I'd choose St. Pete, for the beaches, warmer weather, and (seemingly) more relaxed lifestyle. Well, I'm not too sure on that point, but I'd assume it would be from the beach vibe and all.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
I love New Orleans, and would love to live there again at some point, and I do think it's probably the better city overall. However, I think I'd choose St. Pete, for the beaches, warmer weather, and (seemingly) more relaxed lifestyle. Well, I'm not too sure on that point, but I'd assume it would be from the beach vibe and all.
Yep! It's a hard choice for me as well! I think I feel pretty much the same way about both cities.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:24 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,524,610 times
New Orleans... but my soul will rest in this city when I die. I have family roots that go back centuries here and the people have been nothing short of wonderful to me. NOLA has my heart

Old 06-24-2015, 01:24 AM

Any more feedback?

Old 06-24-2015, 03:04 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,040,657 times
St.Pete for Living and NOLA for Visiting.

Old 06-24-2015, 06:59 AM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,427,706 times
New Orleans. I'm a Tampa native, and although I love St. Pete, New Orleans simply offers more.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
New Orleans. I'm a Tampa native, and although I love St. Pete, New Orleans simply offers more.
Cool.

Which I guess begs another question. Since St. Pete is in the Tampa Bay area with Tampa itself and all the rest. Does that make Tampa Bay have more than New Orleans overall?

OR....would you say that New Orleans is just a more solid city all the way around. What I mean is that Tampa seems to be very car-centric, without the kinds of neighborhoods and walkability and such that New Orleans has everywhere. St. Pete does have a bit of that, but just a lot smaller.

Anyway, can you explain how your answer might vary if you include Tampa with St. Pete, since you said 'New Orleans offers more.'

Old 06-24-2015, 04:01 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,427,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Cool.

Which I guess begs another question. Since St. Pete is in the Tampa Bay area with Tampa itself and all the rest. Does that make Tampa Bay have more than New Orleans overall?

OR....would you say that New Orleans is just a more solid city all the way around. What I mean is that Tampa seems to be very car-centric, without the kinds of neighborhoods and walkability and such that New Orleans has everywhere. St. Pete does have a bit of that, but just a lot smaller.

Anyway, can you explain how your answer might vary if you include Tampa with St. Pete, since you said 'New Orleans offers more.'
I was strictly comparing St. Pete to New Orleans, ignoring the fact that it's attached to the city of Tampa. If you were comparing the Tampa Bay area to New Orleans, then yeah I would say Tampa offers more. But for me, I prefer New Orleans in every way possible. There is nothing that I like in Tampa.

I've been to New Orleans several times. I love the French Quarter, Garden District, Canal St area, etc. I also love the ferry, and Algiers is pretty neat. The movie Deja Vu is what made me visit the city in the first place. Downtown isn't bad either. Plus I'd rather explore the other parts of Louisiana than Florida.

So it all boils down to preference. For the average person, Tampa has more to do. But if I had to pick between the two, I'd live in New Orleans in a heartbeat.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I was strictly comparing St. Pete to New Orleans, ignoring the fact that it's attached to the city of Tampa. If you were comparing the Tampa Bay area to New Orleans, then yeah I would say Tampa offers more. But for me, I prefer New Orleans in every way possible. There is nothing that I like in Tampa.

I've been to New Orleans several times. I love the French Quarter, Garden District, Canal St area, etc. I also love the ferry, and Algiers is pretty neat. The movie Deja Vu is what made me visit the city in the first place. Downtown isn't bad either. Plus I'd rather explore the other parts of Louisiana than Florida.

So it all boils down to preference. For the average person, Tampa has more to do. But if I had to pick between the two, I'd live in New Orleans in a heartbeat.
Yep! Actually, that's my issue as well. I just don't find Tampa to be interesting at all. I'm sure it has a lot to do, but it seems too car-centric, too spread out, and not very visually interesting - as far as I have experienced there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City