Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your favorite of the four?
Calgary 28 24.56%
Denver 63 55.26%
Edmonton 4 3.51%
Salt Lake City 19 16.67%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 01:28 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
Denver has everything these other cities have, plus far more! And our outdoors offer just as much as the others. Most must agree! We get far more skiers and tourists for a reason!
Yes, more people, higher prices, higher COL, more flights, and more violence.

I'll tell you a true story that I was sworn to not tell for many years. Lots of Denver physicians love to come to SLC to ski for superior powder. They've lived everywhere, prior to Denver. With a larger population in the metro and state, what is surprising about more skiers and tourists? Maybe that many in Denver come to Utah to ski? They even charter private flights.

A very prominent neurologist told me the seafood is so superior and excellent in SLC compared to Denver, but he and his wife have to be very quiet about their trips to SLC because the Denver way is exactly what your last line says.

Market Street -the restaurant and powder for skiing, Denver docs prefer SLC.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 05:12 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,072,296 times

"I'll tell you a true story that I was sworn to not tell for many years. Lots of Denver physicians love to come to SLC to ski for superior powder. They've lived everywhere, prior to Denver. With a larger population in the metro and state, what is surprising about more skiers and tourists? Maybe that many in Denver come to Utah to ski? They even charter private flights.

A very prominent neurologist told me the seafood is so superior and excellent in SLC compared to Denver, but he and his wife have to be very quiet about their trips to SLC because the Denver way is exactly what your last line says.

MSR"

Nice try! The numbers don't lie! Denver gets FAR MORE skiers and international skiers than utah. Seafood? Are you kidding me? Most ridiculous post I have ever read on this site! Hush hush doctors? Troll!

Old 07-04-2015, 08:34 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post

"I'll tell you a true story that I was sworn to not tell for many years. Lots of Denver physicians love to come to SLC to ski for superior powder. They've lived everywhere, prior to Denver. With a larger population in the metro and state, what is surprising about more skiers and tourists? Maybe that many in Denver come to Utah to ski? They even charter private flights.

MSR"

Nice try! The numbers don't lie! Denver gets FAR MORE skiers and international skiers than utah. Seafood? Are you kidding me? Most ridiculous post I have ever read on this site! Hush hush doctors? Troll!
First name is Mark. You check all Denver metro neurologists. He likes to shop for used ties, it's his thing.

If you are going to accuse me of being a troll, prove it.

MSR

Old 09-09-2015, 06:48 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walson View Post
Edmonton really come into its own. Great city!

The capital city of Alberta is blazing a trail on the employment front and has been climbing the ranks of Canada's best places to live.
How's the economy fairing in Alberta since the price of gas has dropped?

Old 09-09-2015, 07:12 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
How's the economy fairing in Alberta since the price of gas has dropped?
Not very hot.. Its gone from the hottest economy in Canada to probably the coolest and fast

TD Economics predicts recession for Alberta this year | Calgary Herald

Ontario is now poised to have the most economic growth in the country over the next few years.. This is no surprise as it is the manufacturing hub of Canada and a lower CAD dollar to USD always benefits Ontario due to increased exports. As long as the price of oil is low this will continue.

Ontario to lead Canada's economic growth in 2015 and 2016 | InvestinOntario

Old 09-09-2015, 10:49 PM

66 posts, read 74,394 times
McDavid isn't enough to make Edmonton more exciting.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,226 times
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is underated. It truly is a great city. It boasts the University of Alberta which originated in 19O8. One of the top Universities in Canada & very well respected. It's a multi cultural city & the River Valley is absolutely gorgeous. It has bike paths that go through the entire city. It is so beautful in the fall. You can reach anywhere in YEG within 4O minutes as it's built circular. It's a great place to raise a family.It has an EXCELLENT public educsstion system & boasts TWO public systems: Edmonton Catholic Schools and Edmonton Public Schools. Edmonton Catholic is not private. There is no sales tax in Alberta. It has WEM West Edmonton Mall, the largest mall in North America. Yup, it has winter & it will be harsh for maybe 1 week in the winter. It is the city of Festivals, tons of things to see & do. It has the NHL Edmonton Oilers hockey team & in the CFL, the Edmonton Eskimos football team. It has a baseball team as well. The North Saskatchewan River is really awe inspiring. Don't listen to these people who don't know what they're talking about & probably never grew up there or lived there. Edmonton is a great place! Its population is almost a million.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:56 PM

984 posts, read 1,314,263 times
Edmonton beats all the other 3 in the arts. It has a great theatre scene and is home to the 2nd largest Fringe Festival in the world.

In general I would think it would have to be Denver. I've never been but have only heard good things.

In general though I think Calgary probably has the highest overall quality of life. The wages are EXTREMELY high but the cost of living is moderate and , like Edmonton, taxes low. Calgary is the safest of all the cities, has the most dense downtown, is immaculately clean, and has a transit the best transit system by a country mile.

Denver would certainly be my top pick as it is a more cosmopolitan and "big" city. Calgary simply doesn't have as much to offer as Denver but on a strictly quality of life Calgary wins.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:57 PM

603 posts, read 931,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCar View Post
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is underated. It truly is a great city. It boasts the University of Alberta which originated in 19O8. One of the top Universities in Canada & very well respected. It's a multi cultural city & the River Valley is absolutely gorgeous. It has bike paths that go through the entire city. It is so beautful in the fall. You can reach anywhere in YEG within 4O minutes as it's built circular. It's a great place to raise a family.It has an EXCELLENT public educsstion system & boasts TWO public systems: Edmonton Catholic Schools and Edmonton Public Schools. Edmonton Catholic is not private. There is no sales tax in Alberta. It has WEM West Edmonton Mall, the largest mall in North America. Yup, it has winter & it will be harsh for maybe 1 week in the winter. It is the city of Festivals, tons of things to see & do. It has the NHL Edmonton Oilers hockey team & in the CFL, the Edmonton Eskimos football team. It has a baseball team as well. The North Saskatchewan River is really awe inspiring. Don't listen to these people who don't know what they're talking about & probably never grew up there or lived there. Edmonton is a great place! Its population is almost a million.
What it doesn't have is a location in the Rocky Mountains, which was the point of the thread according to the title.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:04 AM

130 posts, read 123,000 times
Calgary is a well developed city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City