Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 01:46 PM

1,277 posts, read 1,089,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Guy View Post
I have to disagree with you about Florida, since I think they have the best beaches in the mainland US, but I'm with you on California/West coast beaches. They are very beautiful/scenic, but the water is so much colder out West.
I guess growing up in Florida and being able to swim in the water most of the year spoils you. Yeah California is nice to view, but gosh that water is so damn cold. It ruins the experience just looking at it and not being able to get in and relax. Subjective...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 09:10 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,243,209 times
Quote:
I have to disagree with you about Florida, since I think they have the best beaches in the mainland US, but I'm with you on California/West coast beaches. They are very beautiful/scenic, but the water is so much colder out West.
Yes and you add the White sand of Florida's shores and blue hues of its waters. How can they not be the best.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:34 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,874,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
I guess growing up in Florida and being able to swim in the water most of the year spoils you. Yeah California is nice to view, but gosh that water is so damn cold. It ruins the experience just looking at it and not being able to get in and relax. Subjective...
That's what I love so much. Swimming in the water is what really matters IMO. I do love a beautiful view, but swimming on a beautiful sunny day is one of the best parts of life.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:04 AM

2,272 posts, read 2,221,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
That's what I love so much. Swimming in the water is what really matters IMO. I do love a beautiful view, but swimming on a beautiful sunny day is one of the best parts of life.
Exactly. If you have a beach where the water is too cold for swimming you're not getting the full beach experience IMO.

I mean it's still nice to have though, I guess.

Old 04-07-2017, 05:39 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,874,916 times
Quote:
Exactly. If you have a beach where the water is too cold for swimming you're not getting the full beach experience IMO.

I mean it's still nice to have though, I guess.
Yeah, it's kind of like going to a strip club. Did I take that too far?

Old 04-08-2017, 01:44 PM

491 posts, read 473,696 times
Orlando doesn't have beaches. Yes, Daytona Beach is sometimes included in the metro area. However, Daytona Beach, is like an hour away or more from most of Orlando, the closer beach is Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral which are like 45 minutes to an hour from Orlando. Still, it's far. Orlando is not a beach city and most Orlandoans don't go to the beach frequently. You don't move to Orlando to be close to beaches.

Old 04-08-2017, 08:15 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearlevel View Post
Orlando is not a beach city and most Orlandoans don't go to the beach frequently. You don't move to Orlando to be close to beaches.
You have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:31 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
When I lived in Orlando, there was a well-worn path between there and New Smyrna Beach.
A NSB condo was one sign that you'd made it in O-town.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:05 AM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,418,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
No he's right.

One does not move to Orlando with the thought of, "I'ma be going to the beach just about every weekend." In Orlando the culture is all about Lakes...

Old 04-11-2017, 06:56 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
No he's right.

One does not move to Orlando with the thought of, "I'ma be going to the beach just about every weekend." In Orlando the culture is all about Lakes...
The beach was very much on our minds when I lived there. Hard to ignore when it's only 40 miles away.
Truth is, I went to the beach more often in Orlando than I did living in Ft. Lauderdale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City