Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: El Paso, Denver , St. Paul , Portland OR
El paso 5 17.24%
Denver 9 31.03%
St. Paul 9 31.03%
Portland OR 6 20.69%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 03:57 PM

156 posts, read 165,045 times

Advertisements

Since you have all been a great help when comparing them separately, I am now asking for your help one last time in finalizing and having it come down to one city. When comparing all four which is better for my family to move via crime, weather, diversity, schools, and a overall sense of a good urban quiet mid sized city. I know I have compared them separately 2v2 but now I need a one solid opinion answer to help finalizing my decision. If you could call one the best which would it be? Great help is appreciated and the final answer I will take into account with my final decision. You have all already gave great advice but when comparing all four what do you think my best option is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 04:07 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,394,489 times
What is your families tolerance level of searing sun induced heat, sunburn, allergies, gray overcast skies, snow, ice, bitter cold, blizzards, moisture induced mold, dry beige horizons, golf ball sized hail, tornados, drought, wildfire, flooding, lightning strikes, etc, so on, and so forth.

Those are just some the weather variables of the four finalists.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
What is your families tolerance level of searing sun induced heat, sunburn, allergies, gray overcast skies, snow, ice, bitter cold, blizzards, moisture induced mold, dry beige horizons, golf ball sized hail, tornados, drought, wildfire, flooding, lightning strikes, etc, so on, and so forth.

Those are just some the weather variables of the four finalists.
Our tolerance is very high when taking into account all of the weather variables you mentioned. I love extreme weather ( wife doesn't ) but we can handle all the above.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:22 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,392,560 times
I think Denver could work well for you.It has good schools.I think Denver is more diverse than El Paso.I like Denver's downtown.I hear El Paso has a low crime rate though...dont know about Denver's.I would pick El Paso for myself out of those 4 cities but I think Denver may be the better choice for you.I like El Paso's climate the best out of those choices but climate preference is subjective.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
I think Denver could work well for you.It has good schools.I think Denver is more diverse than El Paso.I like Denver's downtown.I hear El Paso has a low crime rate though...dont know about Denver's.I would pick El Paso for myself out of those 4 cities but I think Denver may be the better choice for you.I like El Paso's climate the best out of those choices but climate preference is subjective.
Thank you for your input . Will be taken into consideration I have one other city in mind to compare to Denver if you can find the time to look at it and give feedback.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:27 PM

Thank you for your feedback

Old 03-30-2017, 05:29 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,392,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyDevil679 View Post
Thank you for your input . Will be taken into consideration I have one other city in mind to compare to Denver if you can find the time to look at it and give feedback.
Okay, I will try to give you input on the other city.You are welcome.Best of luck.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:11 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,393,092 times
El Paso has perhaps the best climate in the US and is consistently rated in the top five or so safest cities in the US. Also, its cost of living is pretty low. It has a hometown feeling and is not cosmopolitan but is quiet and serene and pretty isolated from the rest of the US. If you decide to move there, I would suggest the westside of El Paso.

Old 03-31-2017, 12:22 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,987,830 times
St. Paul in every category. Some would probably not agree with the weather though. El Paso is fine, but too small. Denver is getting too expensive and is a bit overrated AND is way too remote. Portland is okay, but it too is overrated and lacks diversity.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:07 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,278,940 times
El Paso
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City