Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2018, 02:49 PM

84 posts, read 208,627 times

Advertisements

Which is better for activities, nightlife and general amenities.

Mid 30's, single and will be there November-December.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 03:05 PM

1,277 posts, read 1,088,878 times
Too cold in the panahandle typically to enjoy the beach. I lived in Destin/Fort Walton Beach but in Spring/Summer. I would go to Panama Beach based on what I have heard and seen for a night life for a single guy. Destin was boring for nightlife unless you like random bars thrown in here and there with a drive.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:03 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,436,420 times
PCB is a real city compared to Destin which is mostly a vacation area.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:29 AM

1,801 posts, read 1,950,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Too cold in the panahandle typically to enjoy the beach. I lived in Destin/Fort Walton Beach but in Spring/Summer. I would go to Panama Beach based on what I have heard and seen for a night life for a single guy. Destin was boring for nightlife unless you like random bars thrown in here and there with a drive.
Panama City also has a main town itself if you want to check out more action away from the beach, and is likely to be busier since more year-round residents live there, and you can do some holiday shopping as well. Harrison Ave. is the main drag, and there's some restaurants, bars, and a civic center by the marina. There's also a nice little neighborhood on the westside by St. Andrews Marina that has some restaurants and a few stores/galleries. I also recommend Pier Park for shopping and other experiences. The only advantage about Destin is that its closer to Pensacola, which has some of the stuff that you're looking for in its historic downtown and wouldn't be too far from Panama City, and traffic that time of year, especially away from weekends isn't too bad. But of course, US 98 has a lot of lights on it, especially west of Destin.

If the OP is coming from anywhere north of I-70 or so, it will still be nice 'n mild enough to enjoy the beach on most days, and hurricane season will pretty much be over. And 80s aren't uncommon in the first half of November, and really up until around Thanksgiving, the water is warm enough to swim in. A freak cold snap with a day or two in the 40s and snow flurries can happen, but more likely, you'll have 60s and 70s with the occasional day in the 50s as you approach New Years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City