Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:55 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,806,806 times

Advertisements

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God was missing for six days.

Eventually, Michael the archangel found him, resting on the seventh day. He inquired of God, "Where have you been?" God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look Michael, look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?" "It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused. God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth, "For example, Northern Europe will be a place of great cold and snow while Southern Europe is going to be hot; the Middle East over there will be a hot spot. Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people," God continued, pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot and arid while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by Gods work, then pointed to a large land mass and said "What's that one?"

"Ah," said God. "That's New Jersey, the most glorious place on Earth. There are beautiful lakes, rivers, streams, and mountains. The people from New Jersey are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they're going to be found traveling the world. They'll be extremely sociable, hardworking, and prosperous, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, "What about balance, God? You said there will be BALANCE!"

God replied wisely, "Wait until you see the loudmouthed, obnoxious bastards I'm putting next to them in New York."

Old 05-03-2009, 11:46 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,202,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post

Eventually, Michael the archangel found him, resting on the seventh day. He inquired of God, "Where have you been?" God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look Michael, look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?" "It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused. God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth, "For example, Northern Europe will be a place of great cold and snow while Southern Europe is going to be hot; the Middle East over there will be a hot spot. Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people," God continued, pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot and arid while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by Gods work, then pointed to a large land mass and said "What's that one?"

"Ah," said God. "That's New Jersey, the most glorious place on Earth. There are beautiful lakes, rivers, streams, and mountains. The people from New Jersey are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they're going to be found traveling the world. They'll be extremely sociable, hardworking, and prosperous, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, "What about balance, God? You said there will be BALANCE!"

God replied wisely, "Wait until you see the loudmouthed, obnoxious bastards I'm putting next to them in New York."
Pretty good. Though I must say yinz guys have good taste...the number one liscence plate I see in the city proper of Pittsburgh is New Jersey.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:39 AM

9,198 posts, read 13,304,493 times
Talking When the Devil finished New Jersey....

Quote:

Nice story, but the truth is that God STARTED the little piece of land now known as New Jersey as an experiment ---- but left it unfinished so as to work on New York and Pennsylvania. Whereas the Devil came and finished the job. I heard the Devil can still be found running around the Pine Barrens some days!

Old 05-04-2009, 06:45 AM

970 posts, read 2,956,564 times
One day, God felt constipated. He took some laxative, and the result was New Jersey.

Amen.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:57 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,974,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaflsc View Post
One day, God felt constipated. He took some laxative, and the result was New Jersey.

Amen.
Wow......... Good one. Did anyone help or did you come up with that all by your lonesome?
Either way, I'm impressed.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:14 AM

389 posts, read 1,097,704 times
Why are New Yorkers depressed?
Because the light at the end of the tunnel is New Jersey.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:24 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,643,864 times
Quote:

As a NYer, I would have to say..... THAT IS FUNNY!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:23 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,981,514 times
Quote:

Amen.
lol..funny way to put it.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:35 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,500,649 times
Quote:

Amen.
One day, god felt constipated. He took some laxative and the result was Georgia, South Carolina, Florida and every redneck state in the South

Amen

Old 05-04-2009, 09:40 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,981,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
One day, god felt constipated. He took some laxative and the result was Georgia, South Carolina, Florida and every redneck state in the South

Amen

Wow, he must have really had to go!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City