Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 03:48 PM

95 posts, read 71,493 times

Advertisements

Which city is better in terms of

Nature

Outdoor activities

Food

Dating (I'm male).

Raising a family.

Crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2020, 10:17 PM

4,506 posts, read 4,631,867 times
I know Denver is a nice town and I never been to Sacremento but if you omit the high cost of California living, I think I would choose Sacremento simply for the reason it's closer to lakes and it's not near as isolated as Denver. The nearest large metro is probably close to 500 miles from Denver.

Old 08-27-2020, 11:10 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,872,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyDancer2020 View Post
Which city is better in terms of

Nature

Outdoor activities

Food

Dating (I'm male).

Raising a family.

Crime.
Just a side note: Housing prices and housing availability is much better in Sacramento than in Denver.

Denver is a much faster growing city and has a major housing shortage.

Nature: Sacramento.

Sacramento is near the massive Sierra Nevada Moutains and two hours from the coast.
Denver's eastside looks like a deserted prarie, but westside of the city is next to the foothills

Sacramento has a very, very lush tree canopy. Denver has a tree canopy in the older parts of the city but not to the level of Sacramento.

Outdoor Activities: Sacramento

Crime: Sacramento has much lower violent crime than Denver.

Sacramento seems like a moderate crime rate city with fairly low crime suburbs.

Denver has much higher crime than Sacramento. Denver's has some extremely high crime suburbs like Aurora, Commerce City, Federal Heights but there also some of the lowest violent crime rates in America like in Douglas and Broomfield Counties.

I would say if someone is considering Denver and the priority is raising a family in the future, low crime and outdoors than Northern Douglas County is excellent (Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Parker)

https://www.cityofsacramento.org/-/m...tics.jpg?la=en

https://www.denvergov.org/content/da...enses_2020.pdf

Old 08-27-2020, 11:30 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,356,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Just a side note: Housing prices and housing availability is much better in Sacramento than in Denver.

Denver is a much faster growing city and has a major housing shortage.

Nature: Sacramento.

Sacramento is near the massive Sierra Nevada Moutains and two hours from the coast.
Denver's eastside looks like a deserted prarie, but westside of the city is next to the foothills

Sacramento has a very, very lush tree canopy. Denver has a tree canopy in the older parts of the city but not to the level of Sacramento.

Outdoor Activities: Sacramento

Crime: Sacramento has much lower violent crime than Denver.

Sacramento seems like a moderate crime rate city with fairly low crime suburbs.

Denver has much higher crime than Sacramento. Denver's has some extremely high crime suburbs like Aurora, Commerce City, Federal Heights but there also some of the lowest violent crime rates in America like in Douglas and Broomfield Counties.

I would say if someone is considering Denver and the priority is raising a family in the future, low crime and outdoors than Northern Douglas County is excellent (Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Parker)

https://www.cityofsacramento.org/-/m...tics.jpg?la=en

https://www.denvergov.org/content/da...enses_2020.pdf
I was about to say Federal Heights? I lived near and worked all over Federal Heights and all of its apartments and trailer parks. Then i looked up the crime stats. It never ever ever felt like what the stats say.

Old 08-28-2020, 08:10 AM

12,862 posts, read 9,608,354 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/gene...r-reminds.html

Old 08-28-2020, 12:01 PM

Any thoughts on dating?

Old 08-28-2020, 12:21 PM

12,862 posts, read 9,608,354 times
Quote:
Any thoughts on dating?
I'm a happily married straight man. However, I've heard of Denver being called Menver. Lots of dudes I guess.

Old 08-28-2020, 02:02 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,665,139 times
Quote:
Any thoughts on dating?

I use to live there for 20+ years. I never tried the dating apps but people seem flakey when it comes to dating. It's best to have a good friend so they could introduce you to their other friends.

Old 08-28-2020, 05:10 PM

5,850 posts, read 5,653,278 times
Denver is definitely a city on my radar. Think my determination would come down to whether I prefer the larger city in a more isolated geography or the large enough city with better location...

Old 08-28-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Denver is definitely a city on my radar. Think my determination would come down to whether I prefer the larger city in a more isolated geography or the large enough city with better location...
That's what I'm thinking about too. Personally, I don't care about the Bay Area, but I want to visit the Muir Woods and Redwood National Park often. Also the Sierra Nevada Mountains and Yosemite are close to Sacramento.

Rocky Mountain National Park is no joke obviously, and Denver is a better city as a whole than Sacramento it seems. But Denver isn't as diverse, and the main attraction is 2 hours away in the mountains passed Boulder.

So it really is a toss up.

Dating is a big factor for me. I've heard Denver is Menver, but not sure about Sacramento.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City