Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 06:32 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,408,585 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have a Internet based job and I'm thinking of possibly spending June-Oct in Missoula, Bend, or Durango. I'd like to get opinions from people who know all those well. I'm 38 year old single male. I would just be renting a small simple place for the summer. I'm consideing it b/c I love the outdoors and want to hike, bike, and just be outoors all summer in a beautiful locale. But also be in a place with some action and activity. I tend to like college towns b/c they have some outdoor concerts and festivals in the summer.

I'm also considering Eugene OR (not rainy in summers!), Boulder and a college town in Vermont or Maine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 07:25 PM

2 posts, read 5,146 times
Default missoula

I have lived in missoula for 4 and a half years now and it is fantastic (just dont tell anyone else). Rattlesnake is a huge forest that it barely out of town and has amazing hiking, biking, and whatever else you name it. The summer is great because there are ZERO bugs great climate, but the only thing you have to worry about is being here during a smokey summer. happens about once every 4 years and can be bad. otherwise there are 3 rivers... the blackfoot (everyone does water sports here cuz a little more intense), bitterroot (calm with great fishing), and the clark fork which runs right through town. The music is great in the summer and the breweries and bars are lots of fun. you will never meet nicer people then you will in missoula.
Unfortunately the job outlook is not very good. I am thinking about leaving because I am in the medical field and the outlook isnt the best. hope this helps

Old 11-13-2008, 10:05 AM

2,173 posts, read 4,408,585 times
Thanks for the response on Missoula. I like it b/c it's a interesting town with some activity but is close to outdoor beauty. I love the Whitefish area for the outdoors, but Missoula has more going on as a town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City