Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Denver or Los Angeles which is better?
Denver 67 54.47%
Los Angeles 56 45.53%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:08 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,685,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-town 720 View Post
Why would you attack wikipedia as a poor source? What's your basis?

Did you check wiki's citations? It used 3 dictionaries...

You have accused several posters on here that they are factually wrong for arguing a position. That is silly. You also move around your position to save face - its clearly shown throughout this whole thread. In fact you may be confusing several posters positions since when you respond you claimed that

""""Then going off talking negatively about Downtown LA w/o actually ever visiting or knowing anything about it, that is ignorant imo. That is essentially what I was arguing against this whole time, go reread the entire thread if you need a reminder. When I tried to correct anther poster on that they kept going off on tangents, talking about how what they don't like about LA, etc... and basically ranting about a whole bunch of crap"""

I agree that LA does not have a historical core like other major cities. . Yet you insist that people are saying that LA has no history etc. That is your misrepresenation. Almost every city has a historic part...nobody denies that.

SF has a China town. So does Sacramento. Do they really compare? Does LA compare to Denver with its alledged "historical district'?

Can you stop accusing people of being factually wrong for stating their opinions?
I Agree that LA does have a Historical Core like other Cities.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:10 PM

705 posts, read 3,297,408 times
^^the shots were taken by a European visitor to L.A. Johnny Rockets is hardly great I agree, but the shots are nice.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
^^the shots were taken by a European visitor to L.A. Johnny Rockets is hardly great I agree, but the shots are nice.
Nice pics though.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:12 PM

795 posts, read 2,409,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
I Like LA better than Denver= Fact
La has Beaches=Fact
Lakers are better than Nuggets=Fact
LA has better Food=Fact
Both have mountains=Fact
Music Scence is better in LA=Fact
Traffic is s nightmare in LA=Fact
LA has a better Bus system than Denver= Fact
La has more theme parks than Denver=Fact
LA is more fun than Denver=opinion but Seems like a Fact
LA is closer to LV,SD,SF,Tj=Fact
LA is closer to Catalina Island=Fact
La has better Nightlife than Denver=Fact
You need the cash to live in LA=Fact
LA has many skylines=Fact
Denver has one=Fact
LA Has = Fact
LA has no NFL - Fact

Old 03-29-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Fact or Opinion?
Opinion but Seems like a Fact...

Old 03-29-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
LA has no NFL - Fact
Denver Nuggets were a waste in the Playoffs=Fact were going back and forth here [IMG]http://******************/violent-smiley-1528.gif[/IMG]

Old 03-29-2009, 10:26 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,634,523 times
Quote:
Why would you attack wikipedia as a poor source? What's your basis?
Did you check wiki's citations? It used 3 dictionaries...
It's not a legitimate source of information, I've come across wrong information/statements, a lot of it is opinion, and some citations have nothing to do with the statement at hand. I'm not saying its all wrong but its just not a legitimate source of information and there is a reason colleges don't allow it to be used. Somethings are correct and factual but many things are not either.
Quote:
You have accused several posters on here that they are factually wrong for arguing a position. That is silly. You also move around your position to save face - its clearly shown throughout this whole thread. In fact you may be confusing several posters positions since when you respond you claimed that
NO I have moved around my position at all, other posters didn't understand what I was trying to say despite myself clarifying it repeatedly. And that is shown throughout the whole thread, I kept having to explain myself repeatedly by what I meant b/c others, mainly Mile High Style, were obviously not getting it.
Quote:
I agree that LA does not have a historical core like other major cities. . Yet you insist that people are saying that LA has no history etc. That is your misrepresenation. Almost every city has a historic part...nobody denies that.
YES somebody did and this what I began to argue against and I NEVER changed that position:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high style View Post
1) Its more dense than LA. LA is taller but immature - it lacks historical part
Quote:
SF has a China town. So does Sacramento.
And LA has an historical downtown district.
Quote:
Do they really compare? Does LA compare to Denver with its alledged "historical district'?
I'm not comparing them b/c I've never been to Denver's, I'm just saying LA does in fact have one. And that is the difference between me and "Mile High Style", he/she has never been to Downtown LA yet is comparing it to Denver.
Quote:
Perhaps you are unable to state an articulated opinion as to why my beliefs or others are wrong?
If someone lacks reading comprehension and doesn't get what I am trying to say despite myself clarifying it repeatedly there is nothing I can do about that and am sick of trying.

You and "Mile High Style" are the same person aren't you?

Old 03-29-2009, 10:27 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,680,051 times
Quote:
Opinion but Seems like a Fact...
It's not..

Old 03-29-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Denver Nuggets were a waste in the Playoffs=Fact were going back and forth here
Denver has a lower crime rate = Fact

Denver has better night life = opinion but seems like Fact

Denver people are more healthy = Fact

Denver has less pollution = Fact

Denver has more pro teams = Fact

Denver has less fake boobs = Fact

Denver has bigger mountains = Fact

Denver has bigger preforming arts center = Fact

Denver has better transportation = Fact

Denver is more historical = Opinion but seems like fact

Denver has better food = Opinion but seems like fact

Old 03-29-2009, 10:29 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,240,080 times
Is it safe for me to say that since they're both american cities, they're both alright with me? even though I've never been to either?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City