Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:10 PM

256 posts, read 750,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Mexico
Exactly.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:07 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,116,913 times
These threads attract all the biggots with the same ole usual generalizations and stereotypical views. People you think that are white are probably Latino. Charlie sheen, Emillo Estevez, Cameron Diaz,martin sheen, Christiana Agulera, rita hayworth,just a few from the top of my head.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:18 PM

1,014 posts, read 3,589,743 times
There are not that many Latinos in the Pittsburgh Pa. area. However there is one neighborborhood on the south side (Beechview) that has a significant population of Hispanics , primarily Mexican. Even so the neighborhood is large enough to support a decent Latino population without any large scale white flight occuring with the longtimers.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:03 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,974,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
We are taking over the world.
I agree, ya'll are. I would say ya'll are taking over Texas, but it was yours in the 1st place.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:29 PM

93,594 posts, read 124,322,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I agree, ya'll are. I would say ya'll are taking over Texas, but it was yours in the 1st place.
Like I say, " Mexico called. They want Texas back."

Old 04-23-2009, 05:03 PM

1,346 posts, read 4,217,904 times
It seems to be growing fairly quickly in the neighborhood that I'm moving into. Right now I'm in Tenleytown which is a richer white area of DC. In about two weeks I'm moving into a house in the Columbia Heights neighborhood. I think it's 50% black, 35% hispanic(and rising), 5% white, and the rest other. So I'll definitely be the minority(white) over there. I do love Mexican food though!

Definitely isn't growing in WI though. I lived in Milwaukee, but the rest of WI, especially northern WI, didn't have much.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:26 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,116,913 times
Excuse me people i was born in the USA as well as my parents. The hell if we are giving Texas back. Mexico has some great cities and nice places but I wouldn't go there, maybe cancun again.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:46 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,795,127 times
The Latino (meaning Hispanic, excluding Italians, etc.) population IS growing everywhere in the USA. I don't see why this is any kind of news or anything. The populations of people of Irish, German, Greek, Chinese, Indian, Russian, etc. descent are growing also in the USA.

And, in all cases, those populations are made up of people who are "off the boat" - immigrants - as well as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. generation people of those ancestries.

There are Latinos who are just in from Mexico, Cuba, Spain, Venezuela, etc. and there are Latinos whose families have been in the US for 5, 6, 10+ generations. There are Latinos who can barely speak English and Latinos who you would not even know were of Hispanic descent because they are fully Americanized and have more European Spanish genetic makeup as opposed to mixed Spanish/American Indian genetic makeup.

If you take that paragraph, just before this sentence, and substitute "Latino" and related terms with "German" or "Armenian" or "Russian" or most other ethnicities and their related terms it would be the same thing. I'm of Armenian descent, my parents immigrated to the USA, so I'm 1st generation. I am very Americanized although I can speak Armenian also. I know Armenian people "fresh off the boat" who speak English poorly and/or with an accent, and I know Armenian people whose families have been in the US for several generations and are fully Americanized to the point that they don't know the language and are even losing the culture, attending non-Armenian churches, etc. And, in the end, the Armenian population in the USA is growing, everywhere that it is, and it's spreading. It used to be there were only Armenian communities in Boston, Michigan, Wisconsin, NY/NJ, Philly, California (L.A., Fresno, Bay area) and now there are newer communities in Phoenix, Vegas, Atlanta, and Dallas. Even newer ones are forming in Raleigh, NC and other booming young cities.

Consider with Latinos that much of our Southwest was once Mexico, and that Texas culture was integrated with Latino culture from the start. So there are bound to be many more here. Of course, with Mexico bordering and other Latino nations in the Americas more will come here from those nations also as opposed to coming from Czech Republic or Kazakhstan or Bulgaria.

So yes, the Latino population, along with all other ethnic populations, is growing in the USA, pretty much everywhere. Why is this important at all? Really, why should anyone care any more about this than the growing Irish-American or any other ethnicity's population?

Old 04-24-2009, 12:03 AM

2,245 posts, read 7,196,527 times
Los Angeles. You can't grow after 100%.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:08 PM

403 posts, read 1,120,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
So yes, the Latino population, along with all other ethnic populations, is growing in the USA, pretty much everywhere. Why is this important at all? Really, why should anyone care any more about this than the growing Irish-American or any other ethnicity's population?
Since you're playing dumb. They should care because there isn't an influx of illegal Irish immigrants forming gangs, spraying graffiti on everything, stuffing 30-plus people into single family dwellings, and putting a huge load on existing infrastructure. But thanks for the totally unoriginal nod to childish political correctness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City