Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city/metro do you think has the brightest future?
Charlotte 15 31.91%
Raleigh 8 17.02%
San Antonio 14 29.79%
Tampa 5 10.64%
Orlando 2 4.26%
Dunno 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:06 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,462,106 times

Advertisements

These are all on my short list.

Of these, which do you think has the brightest future?

Why?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 10:45 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,510 times
Charlotte's depends a lot on what happens to BofA but if BofA gets through the crisis, Charlotte is going to continue becoming a major international financial center. And if history is any guide, the largest/strongest cities across the globe are financial powerhouses (Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, NYC, etc...)

Raleigh is one of the largest technology research hubs in the country with three top 50 (2 top 20) colleges within 15 minutes of Research Triangle park. Raleigh was considered one of the best places to live in the country for the past several years and is due to its new growth, a potential 21st "renaissance" city.

San Antonio's diversification gives it potential for stellar growth when compared to the other major cities of Texas.

Tampa I am not up to speed with its economic presence but it is my favorite city in FL.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:47 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,306,402 times
As much as I am a champion for Charlotte, in this I must concede to Raleigh (it hurts saying that. lol!). Raleigh has a very diverse economy plus it is a state capital so it has government jobs as well. This is not to say that all state capitals are the most progressive and biggest cities with the best economies, but looking at how Raleigh is growing I think it could overtake Charlotte in the next 15-20 years as the largest city in NC with the highest economy. Of course, if Charlotte finds a way to diversify its economy by expanding on its pretty decent energy, defense, and other economies, Charlotte could easily get my vote again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City