Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 06:46 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,942,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
- New York- Annoying accent.

And many people from NY think the same about SC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 07:09 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,951,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native17 View Post
What do you expect? if it wasnt for New York City the state would probably not be known...
True. No offense New Yorkers.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:13 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Same thing can be said about:

- New Englanders

- Houstonians

- "Dixie People" (Alabama and Mississippi... it's what I call 'em)

- Georgians

- Midwesterners

..... and soooooo much more.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:43 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,863,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City_boi View Post
Exactly. Austin is very liberal and I don't think parts of rural Texas are any more intolerant than parts of other rural states in the South.

And for Ohio, I was going to say "crops" and "lush trees" but after reading posts by Daytonnian and WeSoHood, I am going to say "people who are extremely conceited about their state." I am not saying Ohio is bad or nothing to be proud of, they just seem to think Ohio=best place on earth and that every other place sucks. And I am not denying that SOME, NOT ALL, people in Texas are also conceited/overly proud of their state. I know many are and I do not like it. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your state, but thinking that no place can match up to your state is just plain ignorant. There are great places everywhere.
Agreed.

Only reason why I'm such a big cheerleader is because if I'm not, than who will? Unfortunately, we got a LOT of negativity in this state, especially after being screwed over quite consistently ofr the past decade+ and over the course of 3-5 (yes, Reagan even harmed us) presidential administrations. Texans and others easily take cheap shots at us, thus leading to my overbearing responses in return to their continued negativity and spread of anti-Ohio ideals (and they critisize me for my small anti-Texan and anti-Sunbelt voice that no one will ever listen to.....)

We're tired, and we've been outsmarted, outfoxed, and just plain beat. Somebody has to pick up the pieces.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:36 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post
- Texas- wasteland, oil, Bush, conservatiam, stupid accents, no tolerance, where Kennedy got shot
This was your small anti-Texan voice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post
Texans and others easily take cheap shots at us, thus leading to my overbearing responses in return to their continued negativity and spread of anti-Ohio ideals (and they critisize me for my small anti-Texan and anti-Sunbelt voice that no one will ever listen to.....)
Well, I'm glad you used restraint.

I don't understand your resentment of Texa(n)s. I have no question that Ohio may be a great state. But, Texans should not be blamed for creating a business environment that attracts employers and having winter weather that draws people fleeing colder climates. Besides, bashing other States in an attempt to boost your own never brings sympathy, only defensive responses.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:11 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
*I'm* not going up there, therefore I dont have to worry about what an NY'er thinks of my accent.

Besides...my state isnt on the list.
And to the wise-acres on here, no, that doesnt mean add it...lol

Old 07-26-2009, 11:43 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,702,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
*I'm* not going up there, therefore I dont have to worry about what an NY'er thinks of my accent.

Besides...my state isnt on the list.
And to the wise-acres on here, no, that doesnt mean add it...lol
SC isn't on the list, that tells me something

Old 07-27-2009, 10:25 AM

2,757 posts, read 5,646,071 times
California-The Black Mamba, Bay Area, Venice Beach, and flashy lifestyle. Some close friends from the Bay Area.

Texas-Ranches, steaks and A1 sauce, NASA, Gulf of Mexico.

New York-Niagara Falls, Rochester, Sodus, the beach. Some friends and family. NYC

Florida-Orlando, beaches, mom's side of the family. Disney. Never needing a coat or jacket.

Ohio-Cincinnati, father's side of the family, Skyline, ice cream from United Dairy Farmers gas stations.

North Dakota-log cabins and lots of land.

Rhode Island-New England

West Virginia-moonshine capital of the world, Appalachia country.

Idaho-potatos

Maine-New England seafood.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:27 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,527,415 times
California- mexican food
texas- deserts
New York - manhattan
Florida- my parents
Ohio- girls I knew from college
North Dakota - fetal alcohol syndrome
Rhode Island - Brown U.
West Virginia - the most beautiful place I've ever been
Idaho - Ernest Hemingway
Maine - rich wasps

Old 07-27-2009, 02:56 PM

1,126 posts, read 4,563,572 times
California- the OC and Arnold
texas- Stirrups and Cowboy Hats, the term "Y'all" (shudders)
New York - my Boyfriend and Family
Florida- Ft Lauderdale beaches and screaming kids on airplanes (orlando)
Ohio- Drew Carey screaming "Ohio"
North Dakota - Again my Boyfriends Family. ugh.
Rhode Island - Where I'm origionally from, so home. family, beaches, Dels, Newport, East Side ect.
West Virginia - State with the highest percentage of people missing teeth.
Idaho - No udaho. and Napoleon Dynomite.
Maine - Maniacs, Lobsta and LACs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City