Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2009, 05:40 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times

Advertisements

This is once again an instance where I wish there was an age requirement on city-data.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:54 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
This is once again an instance where I wish there was an age requirement on city-data.
can we make it to twenty pages? lol

Old 07-25-2009, 09:08 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Like I said before it is southerners that have the biggest jealousy of New York City. New York City is and will always be the King city of the USA, none of your so-called "New Yorks of the South" will ever compare. Just accept it and move on.
It is not jealousy. It is the annoyance of the egotistical rantings that many constantly have to endure.

When a new thread comes up like, what city has the best traffic lights? Invariably there will be a few that will say New York even though they have the same traffic lights as hundreds of other cities.

There was another thread that asked what city had the best BBQ and of course one homer had to say NYC. I didn't even bother responding to that one because it was too ridiculous to bother with.

Much of these answers come from people that don't even live in NYC. If it is so freaking great why are you living in Virginia Beach or elsewhere?

I also am amused by those that go on and on about how much there is to do up there yet they spend all their time posting on a message board. Get out and do something if there is so much to do. Yes, I am talking to you DJ.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Hey atleast your not from the Midwest!

Like, totally flyover country. I mean like, those people don't even where Armani...who'd wanna live there?
Where is Armani?

Old 07-25-2009, 09:32 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
It is not jealousy. It is the annoyance of the egotistical rantings that many constantly have to endure.

When a new thread comes up like, what city has the best traffic lights? Invariably there will be a few that will say New York even though they have the same traffic lights as hundreds of other cities.

There was another thread that asked what city had the best BBQ and of course one homer had to say NYC. I didn't even bother responding to that one because it was too ridiculous to bother with.

Much of these answers come from people that don't even live in NYC. If it is so freaking great why are you living in Virginia Beach or elsewhere?

I also am amused by those that go on and on about how much there is to do up there yet they spend all their time posting on a message board. Get out and do something if there is so much to do. Yes, I am talking to you DJ.
Lol the egotistical nature of new yorkers is far exaggerated. There are egotistical people from every where, we have nothing on those from la and texas.

If there was a thread about those things, how does that make one a homer. Just because he voted for new york?, if he would have voted for chicago or something(any other city) it woul be fine than right lol

And are u blind or do you not see daily journalist location? Why cant he just be someone thats simply calling it how he sees it?

Old 07-25-2009, 09:38 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,624,075 times
Default Why NYC is the most talked about in City vs. City?

Because is an amazing city and there is no other USA city like it. Others cities can be cool but NYC tops them all in awesomeness! I experience it and I am amazed by it.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:44 PM

25 posts, read 43,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I have noticed that NYC is the most city that is talked about? Why is this?

-Is it that NYC has a big impact in the United States?
-Is it because NYC has to offer a lot?
is the sky blue?......

"Does NYC have a big impact in the U.S.?" Seriously? I really, really hope this was an attempt to see how many compliments NYC can get, because if it wasn't, I would suggest getting help Especially coming from a New Yorker....

Old 07-25-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Lol the egotistical nature of new yorkers is far exaggerated. There are egotistical people from every where, we have nothing on those from la and texas.

The egotistical nature of NYers is displayed every day right on this message board, there is no exaggeration.

If there was a thread about those things, how does that make one a homer. Just because he voted for new york?, if he would have voted for chicago or something(any other city) it woul be fine than right lol

Actually any large city that was mentioned in the traffic light thread would have to be a homer or they have never been out of that city. I have been to many of the large cities that were mentioned and don't remeber any thing significant about the traffic lights but I do with some of the small towns that I have been through.
As far as the BBQ thread, do you really think that NYC has the best BBQ and that it wasn't a homer?

And are u blind or do you not see daily journalist location? Why cant he just be someone thats simply calling it how he sees it?

I see his location and I also know of his posts because he was always whining about how much more there was to do up north when he lived in Florida and now that he is up there I think he is posting even more.
filler

Old 07-25-2009, 11:54 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,700,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post

Wow somebody is getting offended here...LOL, I just asked a simple question and you are getting offended LOL.... I just live in Va Beach just to live because my mom is here, if it wasn't because my mom lives here I would live in NYC

Old 07-26-2009, 01:52 AM

2,106 posts, read 6,632,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Im a lame lol my dude. Your name is wesohood. Ya u so hood browsing internet chat rooms. U dont be in the hood lol, f..k oudda here. Hop off nyc's piece. That goes for all the others on here hating aswell. lmao
Haha.. ignorance is bliss. You know everything about me! Dude... you need a reality check. I love NYC... I dislike people like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City