Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 06:25 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,927,069 times

Advertisements

You do now!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 06:56 PM

787 posts, read 1,696,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCounty View Post
But, the historic part of downtown Atlanta feels like a suburb. Again, nice parking lot.

Just dense

I'm not even the biggest fan of Atlanta, but acknowledge when you're obviously incorrect, lol.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:13 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakal View Post
Just dense

I'm not even the biggest fan of Atlanta, but acknowledge when you're obviously incorrect, lol.
I'm afraid that would require some class.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:55 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,343,200 times
Hampton Roads, Va.

First permanent settlement (Jamestown)
Invented the ice cream cone (Norfolk)
Headquarters of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) (Norfolk)
Home to Pat Robertson and the 700 club (Virginia Beach)
Home to athletes and artists Missy Elliot (Portsmouth), Pharell Williams (Virginia Beach), the Clipse (Virginia Beach), Allen Iverson (Hampton), Micheal Vick (Newport News), Plaxico Buress (Virginia Beach), etc.
The Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Historic Williamsburg
7 cities in one metro. 757 go getta's heaven, V.A. we don't play.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:55 PM

110 posts, read 101,530 times
Well, I am not from Atlanta, but I just visited on a business trip a couple of months ago. So, I am going to list the five things that Atlanta started/popularized/is synonymous with. 1) Sprawl and Horrible Transit 2) Parking Lots 3)A building named Flatiron that is short of being on the level of another city’s version 4) Maintaining deep southern culture even though it’s a large city, mainly because it’s only 75 miles from Alabama. 5) Ruining hip hop YouTube - Jermaine Dupri;Ludacris - Welcome To Atlanta

Old 09-30-2009, 07:57 PM

1,854 posts, read 4,922,535 times
Quote:
Well, I am not from Atlanta, but I just visited on a business trip a couple of months ago. So, I am going to list the five things that Atlanta started/popularized/is synonymous with. 1) Sprawl 2) Horrible Transit 3) A building named Flatiron that is short of being on the level of another city’s version 4) Parking Lots 5) Maintaining deep southern culture even though it’s a large city, mainly because it’s only 75 miles from Alabama. Overall, I LOVE Atlanta!
How did mosquitos not make your top 5?

Old 09-30-2009, 08:01 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Well, I am not from Atlanta, but I just visited on a business trip a couple of months ago. So, I am going to list the five things that Atlanta started/popularized/is synonymous with. 1) Sprawl and Horrible Transit 2) Parking Lots 3)A building named Flatiron that is short of being on the level of another city’s version 4) Maintaining deep southern culture even though it’s a large city, mainly because it’s only 75 miles from Alabama. 5) Ruining hip hop
YouTube - Jermaine Dupri;Ludacris - Welcome To Atlanta
I have been to Atlanta and wasn't that impressed...it didn't feel like a city, its about 80 miles to cross the metro and its all low density, and the skyline, while not horrible, was pretty underwhelming compared to similar sized metros across the US....plus its only an hour from Talladega and you know what that means.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Well, I am not from Atlanta, but I just visited on a business trip a couple of months ago. So, I am going to list the five things that Atlanta started/popularized/is synonymous with. 1) Sprawl and Horrible Transit 2) Parking Lots 3)A building named Flatiron that is short of being on the level of another city’s version 4) Maintaining deep southern culture even though it’s a large city, mainly because it’s only 75 miles from Alabama. 5) Ruining hip hop
He's still going...Atlanta's Flatiron was built 7 years before NYC's, and he can't stand it.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:20 PM

110 posts, read 101,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
He's still going...Atlanta's Flatiron was built 7 years before NYC's, and he can't stand it.
We have already been through this argument. I am aware that the Atlanta version was made before the NYC version. I don't care. The real importance to me is the building that is larger, meaning height. Also, what the building is surrounded by. Those are the two factors that I am concerned about. I am done talking about this topic because you can't seem to comprehend it. I could care less, which one is built first. I care about the building that looks best in it's surroundings.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
We have already been through this argument. I am aware that the Atlanta version was made before the NYC version. I don't care. The real importance to me is the building that is larger, meaning height. Also, what the building is surrounded by. Those are the two factors that I am concerned about. I am done talking about this topic because you can't seem to comprehend it. I could care less, which one is built first. I care about the building that looks best in it's surroundings.
It hurts so bad! Take a pill and relax...NYC's wasn't the first. It's really ok, but the funny part is that you are so insecure about it you continue to bad-mouth the REAL one.

If we've been through, why do YOU keep bringing it up? If you bring it back, expect a response. Duh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City