Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2018, 07:20 AM

1 posts, read 525 times

Advertisements

I am from the south ( yes huge southern accent) and I am taking on a position in either Denver or Portland. I have read many forums on this topic but they mostly argue about downtown vs downtown. I would like information about suburbs vs suburbs and commuting from downtown to suburbs. One job is in Tigard (South Portland) and the other is in Golden (West Denver).

Which city is better for a single career male in his 30's meeting new people and which is easier to live in downtown while commuting to work out in the suburbs? Is it better just to live in the suburbs itself of each city?

I have lived all over the east coast with my job and being in the Navy from Boston all the way down to Florida. It's not hard for me to make new friends and meet people of different mindsets than me but I don't want to live in a snobbish city either where they have a hard time accepting outsiders moving in. Living in Boston for 2 years the cold isn't a factor in this decision just mostly the people and the opportunities of meeting new people as well as the commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2018, 03:48 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,897,900 times
If you're working in Golden and want to live downtown you may not even have to drive. There's a light rail line that runs from Union Station to the Jefferson County Courthouse in Golden.

RTD W-Line

Old 10-20-2018, 05:31 PM

10,754 posts, read 23,832,257 times
They're both nice cities and Tigard and Golden are both decent suburban areas. I guess it may boil down to would you rather live in Oregon or Colorado. Is sunshine important to you or can you deal with a grey and rainy climate? Having navy and coastal roots can you deal with a landlocked area like Denver or would you prefer living closer to the ocean? Some questions to ponder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City