Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 11:20 AM

23 posts, read 25,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
NYC

Followed by, in no particular order:

San Francisco
Boston
Chicago
Philadelphia
Washington, DC
Seattle
Baltimore
You have forgotten about Los Angeles?

Old 05-07-2010, 11:22 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,935,335 times
Quote:
NYC

San Francisco
Boston
Chicago
Philadelphia
Washington, DC
Seattle
Baltimore

agree

and honestly Bos/DC/Philly/SF in their cores are just about on par with NY - just not as large but mostly just as much city feel

some others might be Minneapolis and Pittsburgh

Last edited by kidphilly; 05-07-2010 at 11:32 AM..

Old 05-07-2010, 11:24 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,942,478 times
Quote:
NYC

San Francisco
Boston
Chicago
Philadelphia
Washington, DC
Seattle
Baltimore
Good list. I think this is the list most people in the country would put.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:35 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,022,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Yeah, didn't you know that?

I think a lot more people would rather live in the safest big city in the country (NYC), than crime-filled Atlanta.
1 in 4 NYC'ers have herpes

Old 05-07-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
1 in 4 NYC'ers have herpes

And other cities are exceptions? Anyway, do you think we all sleep around with one another anyway?

That's not as bad as having high crime. You can't avoid crime; you can avoid herpes, lol.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:59 AM

37,154 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
NYC

San Francisco
Boston
Chicago
Philadelphia
Washington, DC
Seattle
Baltimore
Seattle, and to some extent Baltimore, belong on a lower tier, yea? Also, I'd put LA with them. It's got large stretches of urbanity.

Clarifying: LA I'd put with the that lower tier where Seattle sits.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 05-07-2010 at 12:47 PM..

Old 05-07-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
And other cities are exceptions? Anyway, do you think we all sleep around with one another anyway?

That's not as bad as having high crime. You can't avoid crime; you can avoid herpes, lol.

You can't avoid herpes if damn near every NYC'er have it. Atlanta is wayyyyy safer than NYC. Crime dropped in NY because everybody was too busy at the hospital getting herpes medicine

Old 05-07-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
You can't avoid herpes if damn near every NYC'er have it. Atlanta is wayyyyy safer than NYC. Crime dropped in NY because everybody was too busy at the hospital getting herpes medicine
lol this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. You're really trying to say you can't avoid herpes???? haha. I never knew I could get herpes by walking in a crowd of people.

FBI CRIME STATISTICS SHOW THAT NEW YORK HAS THE LOWEST CRIME RATE OF MAJOR U.S. CITIES - NYPOST.com

Sorry, but most people would rather live in and visit a much safer city...

Old 05-07-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
lol this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. You're really trying to say you can't avoid herpes???? haha. I never knew I could get herpes by walking in a crowd of people.

FBI CRIME STATISTICS SHOW THAT NEW YORK HAS THE LOWEST CRIME RATE OF MAJOR U.S. CITIES - NYPOST.com

Sorry, but most people would rather live in and visit a much safer city...
Im sorry but NYC is ranked #1 in Aids, Herpes, and several other stds. Filthy yankees are just spreading stds everywhere.

Study: 1 in 4 adults in NYC have herpes virus

New York's HIV rate 3 times higher than nation's - CNN.com

NYC still is bad, not like it used to be but it still isnt safe walking around alone, riding the train late at night, walking around the hood, etc.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Im sorry but NYC is ranked #1 in Aids, Herpes, and several other stds. Filthy yankees are just spreading stds everywhere.

Study: 1 in 4 adults in NYC have herpes virus

New York's HIV rate 3 times higher than nation's - CNN.com

NYC still is bad, not like it used to be but it still isnt safe walking around alone, riding the train late at night, walking around the hood, etc.

Wow, your news is so outdated...it was like that in freakin 70s and 80s, lol.

And let me just say this--I taught 2 years in the south Bronx (I'm white), and I have been teaching in south Jamaica since last November. 2 of the 5 highest crime neighborhoods in the city.There have been days where I had to stay and do things when it got dark out and I walked to the subway alone in the dark (and *gasp* took the train alone in the dark). No one ever bothered me or even looked at me. I have also stopped in the neighborhood before a Yankee game (the school was a mile away) in my street clothes, and no one cared.

I've walked through projects in Queens and the Bronx as shortcuts to get places, nothing ever happened to me. Never once saw anything bad happening anyway.

Way to stereotype a city based on a stereotype from 1985, lol.

Why would the FBI crime stats lie? You can deny it all you want, but the stats are here.

Atlanta near top of ‘most dangerous cities’ list - Atlanta Business Chronicle:

New York is ‘safest city’ as murders fall to record low - Times Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City