Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2010, 08:47 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
You're technically right but a lot of fast food places are regional. Don't get me wrong I wish there were some chains such as Jack In The Box & CiCi's in the NYC area, I really do but they're not (yet). Are there White Castles in the West?
in Queens back in the early 80s. My older daughter was little and we took her there a few times. I think it was in Flushing. They didn't last very long there.

There was a little kid named Rodney Allen Rippey who did commericals for Jack in the Box. This was around the time that the restaurant in Queens opened. This little boy later got his own TV show. Don't remember the name of it.

Last edited by TANaples; 08-01-2010 at 09:04 AM..

Old 08-01-2010, 08:55 AM

Default Their headquarters is in Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
It looks like White Castle is a NY area restuarant. I googled their locations, and they only show up in NY/NJ.
My husband wanted to buy a franchise and open one in Florida. He called Chicago and was told that they will only sell in NE (NY), Midwest (Chicago), and West (LA). They will not give their franchise to any place else in the country.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:15 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Their headquarters is in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
My husband wanted to buy a franchise and open one in Florida. He called Chicago and was told that they will only sell in NE (NY), Midwest (Chicago), and West (LA). They will not give their franchise to any place else in the country.
Wrong on all counts. The headquarters is, and always has been in Columbus, OH.

They have always been, and remain family owned. They don't franchise.

They do not have stores in L.A., and never have.

They can be found in the following States, hardly limited to the areas you claim: IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NY, OH, TN & WI.

Your husband must have talking to some "alternative" White Castle that the rest of us have never heard of.

http://www.whitecastle.com/locations/all

Old 08-01-2010, 10:12 AM

116 posts, read 353,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKFire108 View Post
NYC doesn't have low taxes. If it did have lower taxes (and less wasteful spending), it would be an even better city and more businesses and middle class and rich people would flock there. Although I wouldn't want the lower taxes to be detrimental to the social problems that help poor people and those needing help. If NYC had very effective services for the poor plus the low taxes of Texas, it would literally be the best city on earth.

NYC doesn't also have a low cost of living which is needed to attract more new college educated kids and middle class families.
Income, sales and sin-type taxes are all pretty high (the cost of cigarettes here because of them is unbelieveable) but the property taxes are relatively low compared to the surrounding areas at least.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:41 AM

Default That is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by allygory View Post
Income, sales and sin-type taxes are all pretty high (the cost of cigarettes here because of them is unbelieveable) but the property taxes are relatively low compared to the surrounding areas at least.
Property taxes are lower in NYC than say on LI. I have lived in both places.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:18 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,944,113 times
You can get White Castle anywhere. Whether it comes frozen from the grocery or frozen to the fast food restaurant, it's still pretty nasty. Although, when I'm visiting family in Chicago, I'm more desperate to get to one than both Harold & Kumar

Old 08-01-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
You can get White Castle anywhere. Whether it comes frozen from the grocery or frozen to the fast food restaurant, it's still pretty nasty. Although, when I'm visiting family in Chicago, I'm more desperate to get to one than both Harold & Kumar

Ugh, no way. It's WAY different. I have bought the frozen box in Florida, and the frozen ones CANNOT compare to the real ones made fresh. I grew up in NY going there since they opened in NYC. They can't compare.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:29 PM

If you must buy the frozen White Castle, don't MICROWAVE them even though they say you can. It is better to put them in an oven on 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. The bun in the microwave gets hard as rock by the time you try to eat them.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:29 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
When I was living in NY, there used to be a White Castle in Bay Ridge. They shot a scene in "Saturday Night Fever" from that location. Now I'm in AZ and can find White Castle in the super market. The frozen burgers don't have enough onions, and no pickle.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:09 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,684 times
wtf@ going on and on about white castle. it sucks.

u cant get in n out in nyc. u can get lame knock offs, like "five guys" lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City