Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2010, 04:37 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
wtf@ going on and on about white castle. it sucks.

u cant get in n out in nyc. u can get lame knock offs, like "five guys" lol

Right. Just like how you can't get White Castles outside LA, Chicago, NY metros. No burger chain out east is as good as In n' Out.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:23 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,309,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
wtf@ going on and on about white castle. it sucks.

u cant get in n out in nyc. u can get lame knock offs, like "five guys" lol
I agree. White Castle is total garbage.

But In-n-Out is among the most overrated fast food chains itself.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:29 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
I agree. White Castle is total garbage.

Good burger is better

Old 08-01-2010, 06:37 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,041,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
blasphemy! speak for yourself.

in all seriousness -
based on my highly unscientific polling of friends, foes, and acquaintances, i'd say 80% love in-n-out and 20% "don't get it". among californians, that ratio is more like 90/10.

to me, that's not overrated - that's an indication of a quality product made with fresh ingredients.

as far as i'm concerned, the key is to always get a double-double; a single patty doesn't properly fill out the bun. getting the onions cooked seems to sway a lot of the naysayers, too. and always ask that the fries be fried a little bit longer than normal.

it seems that a lot of times, the people who don't get in-n-out's appeal end up changing their minds once they learn to customize their food order to suit their personal tastes.

back to the original topic:
it would be nice if nyc got an in-n-out, but i have little faith that it would actually be able to maintain the quality of the west coast locations.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:25 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergen View Post
blasphemy! speak for yourself.

in all seriousness -
based on my highly unscientific polling of friends, foes, and acquaintances, i'd say 80% love in-n-out and 20% "don't get it". among californians, that ratio is more like 90/10.

to me, that's not overrated - that's an indication of a quality product made with fresh ingredients.

as far as i'm concerned, the key is to always get a double-double; a single patty doesn't properly fill out the bun. getting the onions cooked seems to sway a lot of the naysayers, too. and always ask that the fries be fried a little bit longer than normal.

it seems that a lot of times, the people who don't get in-n-out's appeal end up changing their minds once they learn to customize their food order to suit their personal tastes.

back to the original topic:
it would be nice if nyc got an in-n-out, but i have little faith that it would actually be able to maintain the quality of the west coast locations.

In-n-Out tastes like a hamburger you could make at home, why leave the house? Nothing special about the burger, except you can watch someone touch your fresh meat, and mold it into a patty. Oops, that didn't sound right.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:34 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
it is the best of "fast food chain" burgers... i.e. a burger under 4-5 dollars. i.e. it is better than mcdonalds, wendys, carls jr and burger king...actually probably 2nd best, fatburger is better. is it better than some local shop or a restaurant? probably not. they can't make the burger that good for so cheap. simple economics. the ones I make at home or order at a restaurant or even some neighborhood joints/diners are far better than in-n-out
which is fine, I am just like "wtf" when people say they are the best burgers they've ever had. They either can't cook or not willing to shell out more than 4-5 bucks for a good burger.

Last edited by grapico; 08-01-2010 at 07:43 PM..

Old 08-01-2010, 07:41 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,487,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
In-n-Out tastes like a hamburger you could make at home, why leave the house? Nothing special about the burger, except you can watch someone touch your fresh meat, and mold it into a patty. Oops, that didn't sound right.
ANIMAL STYLE!!!
Just give me some animal fries on the side and a neapolitan milkshake.

Good, yet overrated.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:18 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
All American burger in Massapequa has been on many lists as the best hamburger. It was recently on the Travel channel. I think it's a contender with In n' out.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:21 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,764,232 times
They don't have Whataburger in Texas.

YouTube - Out Whataburgered

YouTube - Whataburger Patty Melt commercial

YouTube - Whataburger Commercial

http://www.markrudisill.info/images/in_texas/11_7_07_whataburger.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-01-2010, 08:26 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Good burger is better
Lmao I was just about to say something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City