Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 08:15 PM

4 posts, read 10,076 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

I'm going to be moving to Cleveland in July and have pre-leased a 1 bedroom in Uptown's Phase 2 building (south of Euclid). Unfortunately the rental office hasn't been terribly communicative in sending me any updates about progress, images, etc. Has anyone who has swung by University Circle recently managed to see first hand how progress is going on the project? ie. is Constantino's open? What about other businesses? How does progress on Phase 2 look so far?

Also I was told some folks have already moved into Phase 1, and it's continuing to fill up. Is there any credence to this?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 09:51 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,283,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanup View Post
Hey guys,

I'm going to be moving to Cleveland in July and have pre-leased a 1 bedroom in Uptown's Phase 2 building (south of Euclid). Unfortunately the rental office hasn't been terribly communicative in sending me any updates about progress, images, etc. Has anyone who has swung by University Circle recently managed to see first hand how progress is going on the project? ie. is Constantino's open? What about other businesses? How does progress on Phase 2 look so far?

Also I was told some folks have already moved into Phase 1, and it's continuing to fill up. Is there any credence to this?

Thanks.
Good luck on your move -- this is one of the most unique and cool neighborhoods in Cleveland.

Constantino's opens this week: Constantino's Market University Circle opening soon

UPDATED pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1318085&type=1

Old 07-01-2012, 10:22 PM

A few updates I've noticed from today:

- Businesses on the south side of the Uptown development are beginning to open.
- The Courtyard hotel is now 6-stories out of the ground.
- Case Western Reserve University student center has broken ground.
- Hazel 8 apartments have topped out in height.
- Western Reserve Historical Society expansion is well into full swing.
- MOCA looks to be ready right on time for its Oct opening day -- all the external cladding is on.
- Cotman Vista apartments are one story out of the ground.
- The VA Hospital expansion looks to be nearing completion.

Very exciting -- much more to break ground soon.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:28 PM

New train stations for University Circle --work has begun on the renovation of the Cedar-University Red Line Rapid Station.

Project overview:
Cedar - University Rapid Station | Major Projects | Planning & Development | Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority

Press release: Newsroom - News & Updates | Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority

Old 12-19-2012, 08:45 AM

No big deal

Uptown project in University Circle could see work start on $21 million second phase in January | cleveland.com

Construction to begin in January.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:30 AM

191 posts, read 442,551 times
The sentence I liked most in the article was the current phase is 90% leased. I was worried like everyone else that they would have trouble attracting people at that price point, but it seems to be working out okay.

Hopefully, if they can get the price per square foot number up it will lead to more new construction apartments in the city.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:00 AM

It looks like it has already influenced the new units of Hazel 8, which are also being built in UC. According to Michelle Jarboe in the comments section of the Uptown link:

The asking rents for one-bedroom units are $1,100 to $1,850 per month. The two-bedroom apartments are $2,000 to $2,500 a month. The developer has floor plans and other information online: http://www.hazel8.com/

Old 12-21-2012, 10:02 PM

21 posts, read 43,520 times
By the Tudor Arms the could but some retail in or fix up some places.

I really like the area. Hoping that parking could be better because not everyone can do public transit.

Does it need more hotels?

Old 12-21-2012, 10:59 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,315,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
It looks like it has already influenced the new units of Hazel 8, which are also being built in UC. According to Michelle Jarboe in the comments section of the Uptown link:

The asking rents for one-bedroom units are $1,100 to $1,850 per month. The two-bedroom apartments are $2,000 to $2,500 a month. The developer has floor plans and other information online: http://www.hazel8.com/
Keep up that trend and you guys will no longer be able to boast about Cleveland's "low cost of living".

Old 12-23-2012, 03:22 PM

3,413 posts, read 5,124,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
Keep up that trend and you guys will no longer be able to boast about Cleveland's "low cost of living".
Please, I know your on some mission to bring us down off our high horse or something, but the reality is that Cleveland hasn't even been on the horse in years. We're starting to climb back up, and here you are trying to bring us down. Of course it doesn't matter what you say, Cleveland will keep improving, but the negativity gets pretty old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland