Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2014, 08:06 PM

10 posts, read 12,593 times

Advertisements

We've all been wondering what Cleveland will look like in 10 years. All of a sudden tons of new projects have been announced and lots of new buildings and stores and restaurants have been built and opened all around Cleveland. Along with the RNC coming up, and all of the sports teams that have all of a sudden became good.

Anyways? What do you think Cleveland will look like in 10 years? What will downtown be like? Do you think the Cleveland neighborhoods will be fixed up? Do you think Cleveland will gain population again? Or do you think that Cleveland will somehow get worse?

List as many possibilities as you can!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 12:39 AM

3,415 posts, read 5,129,247 times
Our city's slow and painful deathspiral has been reversed in dramatic fashion. I see continued steady growth from the assets outward in the near future. Look for neighborhoods like Glenville (near UC), Waterloo, and maybe parts of Slavic Village to undergo serious transformations, while near West Side gentrification continues to grow and spread. Downtown will likely have a few more high rises, and a beautiful new city center. It will be interesting to see who the mayor is at that time. I know Jackson is polarizing for some, but in my view he has done an incredible job that cannot be praised enough. Whether someone will be elected who continues his vision, or tries to bring back the Cleveland of old will impact where the city goes after Jackson's term is up.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:16 PM

4,059 posts, read 5,621,284 times
"Where Do You See Cleveland 10 Years From Now?"

I picture it resting on the south shore of Lake Erie, along the banks of the Cuyahoga. But maybe it's more mobile than I give it credit for.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:45 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
I am seeing (hoping) retail businesses like clothing stores coming to downtown as new housing continues to thrive there.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:06 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,287,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I am seeing (hoping) retail businesses like clothing stores coming to downtown as new housing continues to thrive there.
If this project happens, they'll be plenty of new retail Downtown Cleveland to go around!

http://www.starkenterprises.com/wp-c...ailVersion.pdf

Old 10-17-2014, 09:17 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
If this project happens, they'll be plenty of new retail Downtown Cleveland to go around!

Whoo Hoo! That would be great news if it happens. I've just meandered around downtown and thought how nice it would be to be able to shop there. I love downtown Chicago and Minneapolis for that reason.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:49 AM

64 posts, read 81,544 times
Ten years from now .... All the vacant lots on Euclid between the Clinic and CSU will be filled in and development will begin spreading north into Hough for residential and south to Cedar for commercial. North Collinwood and Waterloo will be the new hot spots for redevelopment on the East Side and 65th Street's rebirth will continue on the West. Southern West Park will see light industry growth. Northern West Park will stabilize and see rehabs and modernizations going on. The population of the Cleveland itself will have grown by 50,000 and the area (the thirteen county CSA) by 200,000.

That's a very rosy picture, but I bet we see most of it come true.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:54 PM

13 posts, read 26,535 times
Default The Pride is Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post

Thanks for the Cleveland Love Costello!

I'm way behind you, 21 days to be exact as I just discovered the Stark Enterprises plans on Nov. 6th. The pride is back in Cleveland. Outsiders probably don't care, but as time goes on the turn here cannot go unnoticed. This once great city believes in itself again and the naysayers have been muted but soon will be silenced. In no way is Cleveland perfect, but throughout all the difficulties it has experienced for numerous decades almost 400,000 call the city proper home, but now they do it with a lot more pride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland