Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 03:17 PM

5 posts, read 10,113 times

Advertisements

Thanks again to all for your help narrowing down my search. Just wanted to give you all an update in case you were interested and for those who may be Google searching for something similar.

Upon further discussion, we have recognized that living in Cleveland proper will simply not be possible or convenient for us, especially since it is mainly my preference and I will not be home all that often (I'll really only be in Cleveland/Akron 25% of the time).

We narrowed down our "dream spot" to Highland Square and checked out quite a number of places - padmapper and Craigslist were big helps in finding apartment complexes (thanks for the suggestion ksu sucks!). Unfortunately, it's looking like Highland Square won't work out either due to a very restrictive policy on dogs (my boyfriend has a 60lb labrador). I'll be posting again in the Akron/Canton forum as earlier suggested in case people have other recommendations in the area other than Highland Square.

Apartment complexes checked out in Highland Square:
- Tower 80 (no pets allowed)
- Highland Tower (best location, but apartments varied greatly and they only accept cats)
- Highland Square Apartments (2nd best location, only cats, heat is divided by square foot)
- Westmont Apartments (no AC, a little out of the ways and felt less safe)
- Twin Oaks Manor (also no AC, bad surrounding area)
- Woods of Fairlawn (no AC, really far, rundown, not a good area)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 03:32 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Thanks for the update. I wonder if you would have better luck renting a house or condo with a large dog being a consideration.

Did you rule out Hudson?

Good luck on your search!

Old 06-16-2015, 10:21 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,001,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsq91 View Post
Rhodes Ave is not so hot. Cool building though.

Quote:
Twin Oaks Manor (also no AC, bad surrounding area)
It's across the street from Portage Country Club??? Completely lost on that impression. It is about 2 blocks from $500,000+ houses. Not to mention the free 4th of July fireworks display the country club puts on each year that would be right out your window.

Quote:
Woods of Fairlawn (no AC, really far, rundown, not a good area)
Wallhaven is fine, and it's across the street from West Point Market / soon to be a brand new Whole Foods. The apartments themselves are not great though. I think the condo complex behind it have some rentals but probably wouldn't take a large dog.

I think you will have a hard time finding apartments that will take a 60 lb dog. Your best bet is to try rentals that are not large complexes or apartment buildings, which seems to be what you have been looking at. Maybe standalone houses or duplexes, independently owned.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:36 AM

133 posts, read 176,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsq91 View Post
Thanks again to all for your help narrowing down my search. Just wanted to give you all an update in case you were interested and for those who may be Google searching for something similar.

Upon further discussion, we have recognized that living in Cleveland proper will simply not be possible or convenient for us, especially since it is mainly my preference and I will not be home all that often (I'll really only be in Cleveland/Akron 25% of the time).

We narrowed down our "dream spot" to Highland Square and checked out quite a number of places - padmapper and Craigslist were big helps in finding apartment complexes (thanks for the suggestion ksu sucks!). Unfortunately, it's looking like Highland Square won't work out either due to a very restrictive policy on dogs (my boyfriend has a 60lb labrador). I'll be posting again in the Akron/Canton forum as earlier suggested in case people have other recommendations in the area other than Highland Square.

Apartment complexes checked out in Highland Square:
- Tower 80 (no pets allowed)
- Highland Tower (best location, but apartments varied greatly and they only accept cats)
- Highland Square Apartments (2nd best location, only cats, heat is divided by square foot)
- Twin Oaks Manor (also no AC, bad surrounding area)
- Woods of Fairlawn (no AC, really far, rundown, not a good area)
Sorry for your loss....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland