Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 11:02 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,443,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittinInATree View Post
Thanks! So what are the "hot" areas?
The highest priced homes are south of Mayfield and west of Coventry.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...88_rect/15_zm/

I have a friends with a CH retirement home near Mayfield Road within walking distance of both especially Little Italy, including the RTA Red Line station there for easy access to downtown, and University Circle. As they greatly enjoy the University Circle cultural institutions and are big Indians fans, they consider this location heaven. The RTA #9 bus (Mayfiled Road and Euclid Ave.) shortens the walk to the Cleveland Museum of Art considerably.

http://www.riderta.com/routes/9

Check out RTA senior fares.

It's a moderate uphill jaunt on Mayfield Road from Euclid Ave. through Little Italy. There's also a Healthline bus rapid station at Cornell Road and Euclid Ave. for more direct access to Playhouse Square and other parts of downtown from University Circle.

Last edited by WRnative; 04-14-2017 at 11:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 01:52 PM

194 posts, read 191,388 times
Quote:
This is really hard to follow because I don't know what Little Italy or Fairmont or Coventry or any of these areas are. The Zillow listings just say Cleveland Heights and I do not see those neighborhood names on a map. I need the idiots guide to Cleveland Heights Neighborhoods!
If you plug in the address into Trulia, you can see the house on the crime map. I would avoid anything not in a "green" section. The only exception would be apartments in a densely populated urban area.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:48 PM

65 posts, read 83,590 times
Thanks everyone!

I have a question about Noble Rd. Everyone says stay away, even my realtor when she was "speaking to the wind" lol But How far? If there is a house for sale on a street off of Noble Rd, is that too close?

What about where Noble and Monticello intersect and the housing in that whole radius? We looked at houses on Quilliams, Roanoke, and Orchard. Are they too close to Noble?

Thank you!!

Old 04-14-2017, 08:02 PM

The house we want is at Roanoke and Windsor. And the realtor acted like that was not "good enough". She said if I were her child, that is what she would tell me. But the house was sooooo awesome. The street seemed nice! This is driving me nuts :/

Old 04-14-2017, 08:33 PM

Hey it's in a "green" area on Trulia! I was almost afraid to look lol

Old 04-14-2017, 08:41 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,148,078 times
She said it was not good enough...is she driving you to a more expensive home, i.e., more commission?

Old 04-14-2017, 09:40 PM

Oh no definitely not, because we cannot afford them lol

Old 04-15-2017, 06:33 AM

474 posts, read 840,818 times
Quote:
The house we want is at Roanoke and Windsor. And the realtor acted like that was not "good enough". She said if I were her child, that is what she would tell me. But the house was sooooo awesome. The street seemed nice! This is driving me nuts :/
There are some great houses in that area, and from the research I've done, that area looks fine. There is a sweet house just our style for sale by owner over there, for $125k on Beverly. We would be in it if not for two of our (my) requirements, walkable to fine restaurants and reasonable (to me) mass transit times to downtown, etc.

I wouldn't worry about what your realtor says as long as you have done your homework. Everyone has their own judgments and agendas. She will not be living with you, I assume! And it's most likely people like you that make a neighborhood even better.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:11 AM

Aw thanks! Yes after some research, I feel better about that area. I'm starting to wonder if the reason she has been poo-poo-ing some homes is because one of them, the only one she talks up, she is the listing agent on. Because she told us one area wasn't great, but it was less than 2 minutes from her listing and basically the same neighborhood...? I know one house wasn't the greatest, BUT we don't have a huge budget AND we don't mind putting in some sweat equity! So she was really making me feel bad about choosing a less than perfect house. :/ Think its time for a new realtor....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: