Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 04:08 AM

66 posts, read 95,585 times

Advertisements

Just received a job offer in wickliffe area. Can you guys enlighten me on some possible good locations to find an apartment? Single black male, late twenties, keep to myself (not the party type), 3rd shift job if that helps at all. Financially, id like to keep rent sub 650/month if possible. Moving solo, no kids, spouse/gf.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 05:59 AM

3,415 posts, read 5,130,432 times
There are some decent apartments in Euclid, but stay away from the high rises along Lakeshore. I'd also look into possibly renting a duplex in the E 185th or Waterloo Rd areas of Cleveland.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:54 AM

I cannot edit my original post or delete the thread to start a new one so I just ask to disregard my original comment and ill post here a different version.

I am a single professional black male. Moving solo. Starting pay will be mid 40s not including bonuses to start. While I can afford 1k rent per month, its just not ideal with student loans so i'd sayi prefer to keep rent under 800/month but if i have to go over I will. I will be working 3rd shift. So far Ive looked into Lyndhurst, Mayfield Heights (saw some comments saying its unsafe), Cleveland Heights (saw comments saying this is a bad location as well), and highland heights. Are these locations ok at all or should I just look into Solon area or Lake County?

Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated. Ive visited cleveland a lot before but never learned enough to figure this out on my own.

Thank you

Last edited by skyski88; 08-22-2017 at 09:35 AM..

Old 08-22-2017, 09:49 AM

378 posts, read 342,333 times
Cleveland Heights is a nice, established "old money" city with a lot of historic neighborhoods. Some people don't love the areas that border East Cleveland but IMO even these areas are pretty pleasant.

The other specified towns are (to me) kind of bland. If you don't want to be in the city/an urbanized neighborhood then there's no reason you shouldn't just look closer to Wickliffe.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_ws View Post
Cleveland Heights is a nice, established "old money" city with a lot of historic neighborhoods. Some people don't love the areas that border East Cleveland but IMO even these areas are pretty pleasant.

The other specified towns are (to me) kind of bland. If you don't want to be in the city/an urbanized neighborhood then there's no reason you shouldn't just look closer to Wickliffe.
So Cleveland heights is in fact a good/safe area just stay away from the western side near east cleveland?

Old 08-22-2017, 11:13 AM

378 posts, read 342,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyski88 View Post
So Cleveland heights is in fact a good/safe area just stay away from the western side near east cleveland?
Even the western border is more or less fine. Cleveland Heights is on a hill above EC and separated by some pretty expansive parks and wooded areas. The little triangle-shaped neighborhood between Coventry, Superior, and Mayfield (so cross streets Glenmont, Belmar, Eddington, Hillcrest) is split by the city line along Avondale Ave and that acts as a pretty obvious line of demarcation. However, a bit north the whole area with Northvale, Taylor, Monticello, and Noble is pretty nice. For example, the historic Rockefeller houses are primarily within East Cleveland and the whole neighborhood is nice: https://www.google.com/maps/@41.5284...7i13312!8i6656

Old 08-22-2017, 11:37 AM

3,415 posts, read 5,130,432 times
The problem with Cleveland Heights is that it's hard to get anywhere that's not the heights or University Circle. There's no easy access to freeways. If I were you I'd stay on the I-90 or I-271 corridors.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_ws View Post
Even the western border is more or less fine. Cleveland Heights is on a hill above EC and separated by some pretty expansive parks and wooded areas. The little triangle-shaped neighborhood between Coventry, Superior, and Mayfield (so cross streets Glenmont, Belmar, Eddington, Hillcrest) is split by the city line along Avondale Ave and that acts as a pretty obvious line of demarcation. However, a bit north the whole area with Northvale, Taylor, Monticello, and Noble is pretty nice. For example, the historic Rockefeller houses are primarily within East Cleveland and the whole neighborhood is nice: https://www.google.com/maps/@41.5284...7i13312!8i6656
Thanks ill check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
The problem with Cleveland Heights is that it's hard to get anywhere that's not the heights or University Circle. There's no easy access to freeways. If I were you I'd stay on the I-90 or I-271 corridors.
Would you say Beachwood or Shaker Heights is an ok option?

Last edited by skyski88; 08-22-2017 at 03:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland