Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2023, 09:22 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times

Advertisements

After having a mild winter, I thought we'd have a hot summer...doesn't appear to be though...its' been cool pretty much all summer...I think we've had maybe 1 90 degree day...maybe.
I haven't had 1 weekend yet that I could actually go swim...lake is not yet 70 degrees I believe.

I thought El Nino gave us hotter weather but I guess not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2023, 08:09 AM

It's been a crazy past 24 hrs...literally 100 miles away, places like C-bus and Lima and Toledo have had excessive heat warnings for Heat Index's over 105...and we've been socked by several inches of rain as the storms just trained over us all afternoon yesterday and all last night...w/ more on the way today.

Old 08-24-2023, 12:09 PM

2,182 posts, read 2,320,819 times
Yes it has been ^^^ What a mess. Lots of flooded basements.

Old 08-24-2023, 04:48 PM
on3

498 posts, read 385,242 times
I-90 in Lakewood.

Stay OFF THE ROADS!

https://media.wkyc.com/assets/WKYC/i..._1920x1080.jpg

Old 08-25-2023, 10:56 AM

469 posts, read 434,103 times
Confirmed EF-1 tornado in CLE last night.

<An EF-1 tornado has been confirmed beginning near East 71st Street and Chester Avenue, ending near East 89th Street and Euclid Avenue. Extensive tree damage occurred along the path with some homes receiving minor damage. Calvary Church received extensive roof damage. Multiple light poles were bent near the base in the shopping center on East 79th Street and at the intersection of East 89th and Euclid Avenue.>

Path was .79 miles long and 150 yards wide. First tornado to touch down inside CLE city limits since 1985.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/lo...c-30178595ebfe

We got the emergency alert on the east side, and ended up in the basement watching real time tracking of the storm on a weather blog. It was over in a few minutes. Beats the by-gone days of listening to staticky AM radio feeds all night…

Old 08-25-2023, 11:47 AM

4,069 posts, read 7,317,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideRules99 View Post
Confirmed EF-1 tornado in CLE last night.

<An EF-1 tornado has been confirmed beginning near East 71st Street and Chester Avenue, ending near East 89th Street and Euclid Avenue. Extensive tree damage occurred along the path with some homes receiving minor damage. Calvary Church received extensive roof damage. Multiple light poles were bent near the base in the shopping center on East 79th Street and at the intersection of East 89th and Euclid Avenue.>

Path was .79 miles long and 150 yards wide. First tornado to touch down inside CLE city limits since 1985.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/lo...c-30178595ebfe

We got the emergency alert on the east side, and ended up in the basement watching real time tracking of the storm on a weather blog. It was over in a few minutes. Beats the by-gone days of listening to staticky AM radio feeds all night…
I live just three blocks from that church. Didn't notice anything unusual where I live, except that the streetlights went out. (My power went out for a split second, then came back on and stayed on.) I got that Emergency Alert too. I didn't do anything except go back to bed in my second-floor bedroom. Guess I was luckier than I was smart.

Old 08-25-2023, 12:46 PM

469 posts, read 434,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
I live just three blocks from that church. Didn't notice anything unusual where I live, except that the streetlights went out. (My power went out for a split second, then came back on and stayed on.) I got that Emergency Alert too. I didn't do anything except go back to bed in my second-floor bedroom. Guess I was luckier than I was smart.
Bet you got more sleep than I did…lol.

I’ll be honest. I was watching the livestream of a meteorology site, and it was fairly evident to me this wasn’t a major deal, but 1) I didn’t want to take the chance, and 2) it was good training for my wife, who had never lived in tornado country, to go through the whole “safe place” drill.

The 1985 EF-5 that wiped out parts of Niles and Newton Falls was within a couple miles of me, so generally I do take these pretty seriously. So I’ll heed the emergency warnings as a rule.

Old 08-28-2023, 10:34 AM

10 confirmed Tornados in NE Ohio Thurs night now by NWS.

One came very close to my neighborhood...it touched down in Warrensville Hts.

My neighborhood had a lot of tree damage...thankfully Shaker Hts has already come through picked up all the debris. Power was out for about 18 hrs.

Old 08-31-2023, 03:23 PM
on3

498 posts, read 385,242 times
I heard there was so much tree cutting going on in certain parts of lake county that places like Happy Trunk Tree Service were passing out Lumberjack applications to the folks just trying to clear the trees...

Old 10-31-2023, 12:39 PM

First forecasted snow of the year expected tonight...up to 4" the eastern part of Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga Counties....always hate the first snow of the year because NOBODY remembers how to drive. Stay safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland