Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2009, 10:34 AM

4 posts, read 24,900 times

Advertisements

So I am moving to the Tremont area in a month. The area I am going to be living at is right down the street from the West Side market, it's off W25th, turning left onto 25th it's a few streets down on the left. When I visited it looked like an ok area. Dead end street, mostly residential. It didn't look like the slums. But now everyone is telling me what a bad area that is so now I am worried. I don't plan on walking around at night or anything but is it horrible crime? Any help is appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 12:17 PM

200 posts, read 814,341 times
The neighborhood is probably one of the worst for Cleveland for crime. The neighborhood has really changed from what it was 20 years ago. The neighborhood is mostly during the day. There are some small cafes in the area, but most of them are extremely dead. Also, new condo conversions and houses have been built in the area. Cleveland has been trying to make its neighborhoods better, but I think that gentrification is not the answer.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:50 PM

191 posts, read 442,592 times
The area you are moving into is actually Ohio City and it's not that bad. I won't lie, it does have some crime, but all in all it's a pretty nice neighborhood. In recent years it has seen a lot of restaurant growth and many apartments and condos have been built. I go over there a lot and I see a lot of young professionals and artsy people out and about. That's also where Grady Sizemore lives, and last I checked he seems fine. The Plain Dealer just did an article about all the restaurants and clubs that are on W. 25th. Cleveland's West 25th Street getting boost with new clubs, reopenings | Going Out - cleveland.com - - cleveland.com. Ohio City and Tremont are both up and coming neighborhoods and as long as you use common sense street smarts you shouldn't have a problem.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:18 AM

1,975 posts, read 5,213,221 times
The neighborhood is rough around the edges, but seems ok to me. It has a fair amount of new townhomes and quit a few cools bars and restaurants.

It certainly does not have one of the highest crime rates in Cleveland like was suggested (that is something that is easy enough to look up), but it gets much more shady if you go west of I-71. Also, every time I have been to the local establishments they have been busy.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:37 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,923,957 times
I'm trying to figure out what area you're talking about. So from the westside market, is it south or north on 25th?

You said left so I'm assuming south but I'm just trying to make sure. South would be Tremont north would be Ohio City. If it's Tremont in the 25th and Scranton areas than it won't be that nice. Scranton is known to be pretty rough and 25th gets worse as you get down to Clark. It's not close to the highest crime areas in Cleveland but it's still pretty rough.

But again I'm trying to figure out what exactly the area you're talking about is and who knows even if it is bad you might live there and like it and not experience any problems it's hard to say.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:12 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,284,985 times
I think you'll fall in love with the Great Lakes Brewing Company, Bier Market, and Westside Market.

Also, this article just came out too: Cleveland's West 25th Street getting boost with new clubs, reopenings | Going Out - cleveland.com - - cleveland.com

Old 10-27-2009, 03:50 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,631,607 times
I know people who live in Ohio City and it's fairly safe. If you aren't walking around at unreasonable hours or dealing with people you shouldn't, you will be fine. Although, I currently live close by in Cuddell area and it's getting too dangerous for me. I've heard gunshots a few times already. I also know people who have lived in Tremont their entire lives and have never been affected by crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland