Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 09:42 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Personally, I think the Wrightsville Avenue corridor all the way to the beach has been undervalued by the City for years. If it was still 2 lane, widened with bike baths, sidewalks, etc...I think it could see much more investment in it.
almost all that land was developed under "rural" county regulations, and later annexed by the city

the city taxpayers just don't have the appetite for the increased taxes. it costs a LOT of $$$ to come back later and add infrastructure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 09:45 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green zebra View Post
if I could find the right place, would ideally like to be off that Wrightsville/oleander corridor on the other side of college, going toward Wrightsville beach, and including sea gate. So far, it's been slim pickings in terms of what's actually on the market in my price range.
i ruled out seagate because of the pure insanity of taking left turns onto Oleander Drive.

and those neighborhoods are generally not connected to Pine Grove via the south, even though it looks that way at a glance.

Quote:
I'm looking for something on a nice quiet street with a good backyard for gardening, the shorter the drive to Wrightsville beach the better, either 2/2 or 3/2, on the small side, ie, between say 1000-1500 SF, under 200,000. Without aluminum wiring, hopefully no buried oil tank, am willing to put some work into it but don't want to take on a full renovation. Not interested in granite countertops or stainless steel, would prefer to find something with good bones in need of some updating, rather than fully renovated interior to someone else's taste. For houses with updating I'm much more interested in things like roof, siding, sloping floors, HVAC, crawl space. Thx!
i'll think about it.. but my "gut reaction" was: look at the houses in the north part of Pine Valley. Not the southern parts full $200-$250k, or the section east of college, but the smaller, older sections between Pine Valley CC and Shipyard. (Having said that: I pulled up zillow and there's almost nothing on the market except 2000+sqft.)

Old 06-02-2014, 07:48 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,859,830 times
Agreed with that area of PV...there are still a few foreclosures to come on the market, but that area has larger lots and the construction is sound, so they have been scooped up by some of the value buyers.

Lincoln Forest is also a sound neighborhood with some homes that need updating.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:37 PM

6 posts, read 6,901 times
Thanks to both of you. I'll include your recommendations in my search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina