Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2007, 05:51 AM

13 posts, read 85,622 times

Advertisements

My daughter is a young professional, but single and will be living alone. Can anyone tell us where is the best area of Greenville as far as apartment living goes? She will be moving to her new house in about 6 months in Winterville, but in the meantime needs to rent. Not sure what complex is best???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 04:14 PM

11 posts, read 22,394 times
While our house was being built we lived at Waterford Place Apartment Homes on Stantonsburg Road in Greenville. It is a gated community with two pools, dog runs and business rooms. Cable TV is included in the rent. We moved here from NY, are retired and felt very safe and comfortable at Waterford. I know they have special rental rates in August also. We'd highly recommend Waterford. Check it out. Jude2425

Old 07-28-2007, 04:34 PM

13 posts, read 85,622 times
Default Just got your reply...

Just this morning she rented an apartment (short term) on County Home Rd off Arlington Blvd right off Firetower in a complex called Trafalgar Place near the Harris Teeter. Please tell me it will be OK! Everyone said to stay near the Firetower Rd area so that is why we went there. I even called the Police Dept and the lady I spoke with said it should be fine. However, I just found out in June a girl was held up in the parking lot by a guy that had parked out on Arlington Blvd! I realize this could have happened in any parking lot, but it just concerned me.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:05 AM

12 posts, read 47,866 times
I think she will be fine in Trafalgar! That area of town, Firetower Rd and Winterville area is considered the safest. Trafalgar is fairly new and I've heard good things. I live at The Pointe at Wimbledon on the same side of town and have never had a problem. If she ends up not liking Trafalgar then I do recommend where I live. Goodluck!

Old 02-21-2009, 07:30 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,246,549 times
Oh, Arlington is a LONG ways from Trafalgar. No way could someone have parked at the end of Arlington and walked down to her complex. Probably the news story you heard about happened up near the freeway, there's a big mall at that intersection, which is even farther away. And then Arlington also goes around and north of town, many, many miles from where your daughter is, so the crime could have been almost anywhere on that road.

The good thing about complexes is, plenty of folks are up and about all over the place, on balconies, walking to and from their cars, and so forth. She could get some red pepper spray and hang it on her keychain and blast the heck out of anybody that wants to bother her. And besides, the vast majority of the crime has to do with robbery, where drug people need money, so once she turns that over, they'll be gone.

Me, I always keep my keys separate from my pocketbook, so that way if they take all that stuff, I can still get in my place, lock the door, and I'll also still have my car! Then it's a simple thing to call credit and bank places, she should make a list of phone numbers of those, and keep it with her important papers in the apartment. In addition, I do not go out in the dark without someone accompanying me, or at least watching me from a nearby apartment. Cell phone she can call ahead for when she gets back, and they can watch some more.

Eventually she should take up self-defense classes, I did, and it keeps me as safe as a person CAN be in those situations. If she ever feels the slightest bit uneasy parking in her lot, she can park right where the entrance stair or whatever is for her apartment, you know, doublepark type thing, and go inside that way. Oh, I could go on and on. But the main thing is, any Arlington crime is a world away from Trafalgar.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 10,985 times
Default waterford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude2425 View Post
While our house was being built we lived at Waterford Place Apartment Homes on Stantonsburg Road in Greenville. It is a gated community with two pools, dog runs and business rooms. Cable TV is included in the rent. We moved here from NY, are retired and felt very safe and comfortable at Waterford. I know they have special rental rates in August also. We'd highly recommend Waterford. Check it out. Jude2425

Is Waterford Place a quiet area? I am looking for somewhere to live that's safe AND quiet. Thanks!

Christina

Old 12-09-2009, 08:17 PM

451 posts, read 1,914,803 times
I don't know how quiet Waterford is, but they look pretty nice from the outside. I used to live at the Pointe at Wimbledon and would recommend the complex...it was a fun place to live and was pretty nice too.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:46 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,105,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimac View Post
Oh, Arlington is a LONG ways from Trafalgar. No way could someone have parked at the end of Arlington and walked down to her complex. Probably the news story you heard about happened up near the freeway, there's a big mall at that intersection, which is even farther away. And then Arlington also goes around and north of town, many, many miles from where your daughter is, so the crime could have been almost anywhere on that road.
It's been a while since you've been here eh? Trafalgar is right at the end of Arlington Blvd where Arlington turns into County Home Rd. It'd be a 500 foot walk at the most.

Arlington doesn't go anywhere near "north of town". It runs from W. 5th St to Stantonsburg Rd by the hospital and then roughly south east to the corner of Redbanks Rd where it turns to the south and turns into County Home Rd.

Also, the only mall that Greenville has is at the corners of Arlington, Greenville and Charles. It's about a mile from the apartments. And as far as malls go, it's actually one of the smallest in the nation.

And we have many freeways now. Which one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina