Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 12:33 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times

Advertisements

Looks like USC will continue to roll at the quarterback position with Max Browne, considered the nation's top-rated quarterback by most recruiting services, said on Wednesday night he would attend USC.

Browne, who is from Sammamish, Wash., selected the Trojans over Oklahoma, Alabama and Washington. Browne (6 feet 5, 202 pounds) passed for 4,034 yards and 45 touchdowns last season as a junior at Skyline High School. In his career, Browne has passed for 4,182 yards and 50 touchdowns. He wants to graduate high school early and would enroll in January.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 06:50 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
I'm glad the Sooners didn't get him.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:34 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I'm glad the Sooners didn't get him.
Lol...

Old 04-09-2012, 08:18 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Looks like USC will continue to roll at the quarterback position with Max Browne, considered the nation's top-rated quarterback by most recruiting services, said on Wednesday night he would attend USC.

Browne, who is from Sammamish, Wash., selected the Trojans over Oklahoma, Alabama and Washington. Browne (6 feet 5, 202 pounds) passed for 4,034 yards and 45 touchdowns last season as a junior at Skyline High School. In his career, Browne has passed for 4,182 yards and 50 touchdowns. He wants to graduate high school early and would enroll in January.
With the exception of a very few years I can't remember when SC wasn't a topped ranked team with top quarterbacks. Of course I might be forgetting or maybe it is called selective mind block because I have been a huge US fan since high school and I won't tell when that was.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:24 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
With the exception of a very few years I can't remember when SC wasn't a topped ranked team with top quarterbacks. Of course I might be forgetting or maybe it is called selective mind block because I have been a huge US fan since high school and I won't tell when that was.
SC has always had great recruits, but during some of the 80s and most of the 90s had mediocre coaches (Larry Smith, John Robinson part 2, Paul Hackett come to mind).

Old 04-09-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
SC has always had great recruits, but during some of the 80s and most of the 90s had mediocre coaches (Larry Smith, John Robinson part 2, Paul Hackett come to mind).
that is the era I am trying to forget. Hubby couldn't stand Robinson. In fact when I married my husband (a million years ago) I was already a football fan, which surprised him. One of the few things we didn't see eye to eye on was college teams: I loved US and he was a UCLA fan. Of course we went to SDSU before they knew how to score a touchdown a year. Now we agree on football, he is an SC fan and we love our SDS Aztecs.

I will add, there are other things we don't always agree on.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
that is the era I am trying to forget. Hubby couldn't stand Robinson. In fact when I married my husband (a million years ago) I was already a football fan, which surprised him. One of the few things we didn't see eye to eye on was college teams: I loved US and he was a UCLA fan. Of course we went to SDSU before they knew how to score a touchdown a year. Now we agree on football, he is an SC fan and we love our SDS Aztecs.

I will add, there are other things we don't always agree on.
When people find out your husband was a UCLA fan, tell them what Charles White once said when he married a UCLA cheerleader, "You're a Bruin for 4 years, but a Trojan for life!"

Classic, and I'm not even an SC fan.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
When people find out your husband was a UCLA fan, tell them what Charles White once said when he married a UCLA cheerleader, "You're a Bruin for 4 years, but a Trojan for life!"

Classic, and I'm not even an SC fan.
too cute, I trained him well. But I also cook for him which makes up for not being a UCLA fan I guess.

I just noticed you live in Texas, please don't tell me you are a UT fan!!!! Our grandson in law (a OU grad) said just yesterday, if his 5year old daughter ever became a Democrat he would think of disowning her, but if she went to UT he wouldn't just think about it, he would do it.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
too cute, I trained him well. But I also cook for him which makes up for not being a UCLA fan I guess.

I just noticed you live in Texas, please don't tell me you are a UT fan!!!! Our grandson in law (a OU grad) said just yesterday, if his 5year old daughter ever became a Democrat he would think of disowning her, but if she went to UT he wouldn't just think about it, he would do it.
If you look under my name, you'll see where I graduated from and root for (and yes, it will be 4 time Pac-12 Champion- bank on it- ). But, yeah, I live in the Austin area. My wife is a Longhorn, but I don't really root for or against them. Too funny about what your grandson said.

I'd love for my daughter to go to my alama mater, but I have plenty of time to convince her- she's due in May.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:04 PM

2,327 posts, read 3,936,811 times
Quote:
I just noticed you live in Texas, please don't tell me you are a UT fan!!!!
Remember, this isn't 1920. This fall, there will be 12 I-A/FBS and five AQ teams in the state. Plus, there are millions of transplants who came from states like Oregon, Arizona, Illinois, Michigan, South Carolina, etc. who still pull for their teams from back home. It's easier to do that than it was 25 years ago, mainly due to the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football