Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 03:03 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,335,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
I don't see us taking long to get fired up, like the third quarters when the d is wore out. Well see that tonight with Thomas, Marcus, and Barner right away in the first quarter. And our defense will shine. Think the game is like 10:30 EST, and it's on ESPN.
I'm basing my predictions on what I've observed about Chip Kelly's teams over the past few years. Except for Boise St. and LSU, Kelly's style of play usually catches teams off guard the first few weeks of the season. That's probably a time when teams are still figuring out their styles of play, changing personnel, and honing their defensive schemes and sets. By weeks four and five, teams are starting to get into their rhythms, and they're also seeing a lot more tape on the Ducks. They can break down their offenses better.

What they can't break down, though, is the speed. They can break it down for about two or three quarters, but the Ducks eventually wear teams down. And it's not just speed anymore - the line is jumbo and they also wear the front lines of opposing defenses. Arizona might hang for a quarter or two if they're lucky, but the final score will have Oregon up by at least two TDs.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:23 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,963,567 times
Even better than expected so far. Our defense has held Arizona to 0 points and its the fourth quarter. Oh yeah! Another interception. there you go Mariota. Let's go ducks.

ooooOOOOO!!!

Old 09-22-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Even better than expected so far. Our defense has held Arizona to 0 points and its the fourth quarter. Oh yeah! Another interception. there you go Mariota. Let's go ducks.

ooooOOOOO!!!
Ducks defense has really proven itself tonight. Based on today's action, honestly, I think the Ducks are the number two team in the nation. Despite winning, LSU slipped tonight, as did Fla. State.

Meanwhile, Georgia finally played like I thought they would. Before the season began I felt Georgia was the best of the SEC and most capable of representing the SEC in the title game. Wasn't so sure before, but tonight they finally showed what they can do. I think UGA and South Carolina are going to make some noise this year.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:55 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,462,350 times
49-0!

Offense sputtered, but the defense smacked the Cats. On to Wazzu.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
49-0!

Offense sputtered, but the defense smacked the Cats. On to Wazzu.
Offense sputtered as in a couple fumbles and penalties, but dayum i'd never tonight the score would be 49 to 0 when the first half was taking place. Credit to Arizonas defense and offense for at least putting up a decent looking fight. Bottom line is our defense just said no. Four or five times at the endzone it looked like they were on the verge of an upset. But...NO!

Old 09-23-2012, 12:21 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,462,350 times
Quote:
Offense sputtered as in a couple fumbles and penalties, but dayum i'd never tonight the score would be 49 to 0 when the first half was taking place. Credit to Arizonas defense and offense for at least putting up a decent looking fight. Bottom line is our defense just said no. Four or give times at the income when it looked like they were on the verge of an upset. But...NO!
Yeah, the defense made everyone, especially the geniuses on this board, look foolish. They were put in some bad spots and crushed Zona's spirit so many times. Gee, I guess the Ducks just may have been playing walk-ons the first couple games- duh. However, I think the OL needs some work. Sure, we'll destroy most of the Pac-12, but nowadays, I compare us to Bama and LSU. At this point, we would struggle mightily against those DLs. The promising thing is that we are just so darn young and will only get better and better. I think next year is when everything comes into place and we take the Natty.

But man, Colt is a beast. Colt Smash!

Last edited by Acuda; 09-23-2012 at 12:29 AM..

Old 09-23-2012, 01:26 AM

Well i'm willing to lay it down and say we have the title this year... this year... and a freshman quarterback has never led his team to a national title. Only once has a freshman quarterback led a team..I think Oklahoma.. to the title game. You'll see Marcus do that this year. He's ready now.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yeah, the defense made everyone, especially the geniuses on this board, look foolish. They were put in some bad spots and crushed Zona's spirit so many times. Gee, I guess the Ducks just may have been playing walk-ons the first couple games- duh. However, I think the OL needs some work. Sure, we'll destroy most of the Pac-12, but nowadays, I compare us to Bama and LSU. At this point, we would struggle mightily against those DLs. The promising thing is that we are just so darn young and will only get better and better. I think next year is when everything comes into place and we take the Natty.

But man, Colt is a beast. Colt Smash!
I'll say this, I think Oregon would be very difficult for LSU. I watched LSU against Auburn, and it was clear that the Tigers line was strong, but they struggled with the speed of Auburn's backfield at times. And Oregon would only pose more problems for them. LSU's front line is hard to run against north-south, but if you can pass on them with some short and mid range passes and get some angles in the running game, LSU can be beaten by Oregon. Alabama and Georgia might be a different story - they've both got a combination of speed and strength.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:50 AM

Oregon plays Washington state today in the Seattle Seahawks Stadium at 7:30 pm PSTon ESPN 2. I'm guessing well have at least five interceptions in this game, and a final score of:

Oregon 62
Washington State 6

I must say, the highlight this week has been the showing of more PAC 12 strength with Washington beating Stanford. The PAC 12 is on the rise. Our schedule this year isn't so easy after all. We know Stanford is good after beating USC, and now we know Washington is pretty good.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:59 AM

Make two half circles with your hands, put them together, and...

Yell ooooOOOOO!!!

GO DUCKS!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football