Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 11:50 PM

719 posts, read 1,059,948 times

Advertisements

4 straight seasons with at least 10 victories and with the win tonight the senior class tops off the best 4 years in Clemson history with 42 wins.

Go Tigers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 05:30 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,990 times
Yes, congrats. Duck fans have been pasting the ACC's 0-3 bowl streak across the web saying " look, told you so...ACC weak, FSU didn't play anybody". I believe as of this post they are 3-4 overall.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:32 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
The ACC is solid and quietly challenging the decade-long supremacy of the Southeastern Conference. I think the Ducks are going to beat FSU, but I don't know if it'll be as everyone has assumed. And even though I think the Ducks are better, I wouldn't say an FSU upset is out of the realm of possibility. Just not too likely given the performance of FSU's defense all year.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:59 AM

I feel very good about the ACC and bowl season isn't over yet. Louisville will give Georgia everything it can handle and we will see about Fla St and GA Tech. Boston College only lost in overtime which is always a crapshoot. The ACC shut out the SEC on rivalry weekend and Clemson is more than holding up its end of the deal. Clemson has the most wins over SEC teams by an ACC school over the last 5 years if I am correct.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:21 AM

Dabo looking confident of Sunday(which is more than I can say about myself before the game).

Old 12-30-2014, 11:23 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Great win! I didn't see that coming, but I'll take it.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Great win! I didn't see that coming, but I'll take it.
Same here but even local sports radio built up the OK Sooners so much that I was convinced that Clemson had an uphill battle to win the game at least till you saw both teams on the field. That's when I knew we had a good chance to win.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:28 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senecaman View Post
Same here but even local sports radio built up the OK Sooners so much that I was convinced that Clemson had an uphill battle to win the game at least till you saw both teams on the field. That's when I knew we had a good chance to win.
I wasn't sure what to expect. I felt good about our defense and that was confirmed on the first possession. I had not idea what the offense would do, but felt a relief when we scored on that first play. They just rolled from that point.

Old 12-30-2014, 04:23 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,214,639 times
I have three take-aways from the game:

1. Play calling through most of the year was probably playing a factor in Stoudt being a turnover machine- although I'm sure the separated shoulder didn't exactly improve his performance. But the co-OCs seemed to dial in on that better than Morris had throughout the season. The inability to atleast run time off the clock with the offense is part of what killed us against FSU and 90% of our undoing in Athens since the defense was on their backs from being on the field the whole frickin game.

2. A couple of people around the team have basically pointed out that Stoudt always played twice as well when he entered the week as the announce starter. Which either means he went home & cried over losing that spot, he was mentally fried no matter how gracious he was about the situation, or they hadn't taken adequate time to prep back-ups. Part of me thinks its partly the latter after one of Dabo's previous comments about Boyd never missing a game during his stay. I think that probably breeds a little complacency.

3. Our defense has gotten better almost every single week. If it weren't for turnovers and the UGA debacle the Clemson D would look even more dominant. We're still in the hunt for a couple of big players & if we land them this D could be brutal for at least another couple of years.

And in fairness I have to give Stoudt a lot of credit for putting out his best performance when it counted most & their was no alternative. I still think he's more likely to be a male model than continue in any football capacity but he will be the only male model with a bowl game MVP trophy at his apartment. It's funny how one great night can wash away all the disappointments earlier in the season.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:41 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
The Okies are contemplating the Koolaid after that game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football