Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2016, 05:34 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times

Advertisements

Well, Another Season of COLLEGE BOWLS is upon us, and this year, it seems like everyone gets a bowl game. Kind of reminds me of that commercial where the kid gets a trophy for playing football that says "Participant"....the father then comments that everyone gets something
Well, that is how college football has become, sooner or later, we will have to have more bowl games so everyone can go

BUT College football and Bowls are all about tradition, and along those lines, it is a tradition for me to put together a few bowl games we need to have

After all, everyone should be in a bowl

The College National Championship (for Last Place) AKA THE EX LAX TOILET BOWL
First, I had to look for a place to hold the game. I wanted it to be in a place that no one would go, and according to most lists, ST LOUIS is currently the worst place to livei n America, and conveniently, they have a football stadium the pros no longer use
SO
Fresno State will meet up with Rutgers to take home this trophy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The DONALD TRUMP YOU'RE FIRED ! BOWL Will see two Powerhouse teams who recently sacked their coaches
Perdue vs Florida Atlantic
This game will be played in the parking lot of Trump Towers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ford LEMON BOWL (Held in Detroit)
Massachusetts vs Buffalo

__________________________________________________ __________________________

The Federal Prison System Penal Bowl
Features two teams who have been in trouble with the NCAA a
Notre Dame vs Ole Miss

Held in Leavenworth Kansas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Kleenex/Cry me a River Whiner Bowl
Held in former A&M Coach RC Slocum's backyard, with a special coin toss by Steve Spurrier and the national anthem sung by coach Harbaugh.........

TEXAS STATE vs KANSAS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Green Party presents the Throw Up Bowl
Two Green Teams
Marshall vs Bowling Green
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Homeless Coalition/Salvation Army Empty Soup Bowl

Two teams running on empty all year long
RICE vs KENT STATE
Held outside the tent at the local soup Kitchen
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

College Sation TX GAG ME BOWL
Utah State vs New Mexico State

(Figure it out)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one I think may be worth Watching
CONNECTICUT vs VIRGINIA
Except that it is sponsored by the tri-state area civil war reenactment society.
Might get ugly.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Finally, why not let everyone have a bowl
Lets put a Bowl in Arkansas, which is supposedly the worst sstate in which to live currently, we will call it the STAY AWAY Bowl
Georgia Southern vs CHARLOTTE Two teams who should have stayed away from football this season

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there it is , this years bowl list. Feel free to add, cuss or discuss the games. Have a great Bowl season
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 09:30 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,388,011 times
I know these ain't real, but here are my picks anyway.

Fresno State vs. Rutgers (This is gonna be a butt-licking contest.)
Purdue vs. Florida Atlantic (FAU's defense is apparently non-existant now.)
UMass vs. Buffalo (Who even knows at this point?)
Notre Dame vs. Ole Miss (Ole Miss really fell down to hell when they lost Kelly.)
Texas State vs. Kansas (Kansas looked better this year, even if they are 2-10.)
Marshall vs. Bowling Green (Marshall by 3.)
Rice vs. Kent State (Who even knows this as well?)
Utah State vs. New Mexico State (Another tossup.)
Connecticut vs. Virginia (Virginia wins the rematch.)
Georgia Southern vs. Charlotte (Triple option beats Charlotte.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football