Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 05:38 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times

Advertisements

Here's my top 10 best college football unis.
  • 10. LSU: Best use of the purple/gold combo and they also wear white jerseys at home like the Cowboys.
  • 9. TCU: Say what you will about purple uniforms, but the Frogs make them work. You gotta love the horned frog and "TCU" on the metalic purple helmet.
  • 8. Georgia: Grey, red-white-black stripe pants with red jersey, nice. Grey, red-white-black stripe pants with black jerseys, even better!
  • 7. USC: As much as I hate USC, I love the red and gold. The stripes on the shoulders set them off...
  • 6. Notre Dame: The Gold helmets and navy blue are classic. These are one of the best plain uniforms. The green jerseys are ok....
  • 5. Alabama: One of the best "one color", classic uniforms. Can't go wrong with the one stripe and numbers on the helmet.
  • 4. BYU: Other than silver and black, navy and white is my favorite color combo. Switching back to their classic unifomrs was smart.
  • 3. Texas: Not orange, but BURNT orange. That color makes you think of Texas for some reason. Bevo on the white helmet, not complex or busy.... love it!
  • 2. Florida State: What can ya say about FSU's unis? The spear and tomahawks on the helmet, the number style, and the maroon and gold combo.... PERFECT.
  • 1. Michigan: The blue and maize, the simple and classic style, the winged helmets.... no wonder I love Michigan gear. And I'm not even a fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 06:26 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,336,828 times
Boise State, the U, the Ducks, Auburn, Florida Gators, the beavers, Illini

cant really rank them

Old 10-16-2008, 07:55 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,292,323 times
Thats what I like about Texas, there isn't another college that you can say has their own color. When you wear burnt orange you know it's Texas

I love Georgia's black uniforms, they go great with the red.

I always liked Miami's Uniforms, with the orange and green.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:59 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,609,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Boise State, the U, the Ducks, Auburn, Florida Gators, the beavers, Illini

cant really rank them
The Ducks??? you're kidding, right. All 17 versions of their jerseys, well, I must say I think they look like dog****.

Classic is always better IMO.

I agree with the OP, Michigan are very very nice, along with USC, Texas, Penn State, Nebraska, OU, 'Bama..... you know, all the classics.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:59 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
The Ducks??? you're kidding, right. All 17 versions of their jerseys, well, I must say I think they look like dog****.

Classic is always better IMO.

I agree with the OP, Michigan are very very nice, along with USC, Texas, Penn State, Nebraska, OU, 'Bama..... you know, all the classics.
It's over 453 combos, thank you.

Well, you may not like them, but the younger generation seems to. Nike is the most powerful force in sports marketing for a reason, they know what they are doing. Like 'em, or not, those jerseys sell. They are not marketed for your demographic. No one at Nike or Oregon cares if a traditionalist likes the unis, but a school like Oregon needs some media hype and combined with the bit of success they have been having, a lot of recruits are looking the Ducks way. In fact, LaGarrete Blount (top JC running back) chose us over Florida State because he specifically said, "the unis put the Ducks over the top." Strange that dog**** unis could do such a thing, but, they did.

Oh, by the way, we are due to unveil a new uniform with black helmets sometime this year. Maybe we can land Bryce Brown (#1 running back) and Tajh Boyd (#4 quarterback) in the same class this year. Thanks Uncle Phil

Old 10-17-2008, 05:43 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,398,446 times
I like Hawaii's jerseys

Old 10-17-2008, 08:40 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,166,502 times
I'm going to have to go with Notre Dame......their uniforms are hot

Old 10-17-2008, 11:43 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,035,700 times
Gotta have Ohio State and Penn State in there with Michigan.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:31 PM

27 posts, read 61,744 times
Default Mine are as follows.

10 Purdue
9 Michigan State
8 Nevada /Reno
7 Kentucky
6 Texas A & M
5 Michigan
4 TCU
3 Kansas State
2 Texas
1 USC

Old 10-18-2008, 08:47 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,450,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
It's over 453 combos, thank you.

Well, you may not like them, but the younger generation seems to. Nike is the most powerful force in sports marketing for a reason, they know what they are doing. Like 'em, or not, those jerseys sell. They are not marketed for your demographic. No one at Nike or Oregon cares if a traditionalist likes the unis, but a school like Oregon needs some media hype and combined with the bit of success they have been having, a lot of recruits are looking the Ducks way. In fact, LaGarrete Blount (top JC running back) chose us over Florida State because he specifically said, "the unis put the Ducks over the top." Strange that dog**** unis could do such a thing, but, they did.

Oh, by the way, we are due to unveil a new uniform with black helmets sometime this year. Maybe we can land Bryce Brown (#1 running back) and Tajh Boyd (#4 quarterback) in the same class this year. Thanks Uncle Phil
Oregon's uniforms are an embarrasment to college football. Black, huh? Gee, that's original.......no one's been doing that lately.

Glad you think the uni's are responsible for so much of their success, but everyone I know thinks they SUCK. I've never heard anything but negative statements about them, and I've lived in 3 different parts of the country since they came out.

Sad that a player would choose to go to a particular school so he can look like he got pummeled in a paintball scrap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football