Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 11:07 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anp83 View Post
What do you NOT understand about this? How MANY times do people have to say this.

PEOPLE IN THE NORTHEAST ARE INTERESTED IN PRO FOOTBALL OVER COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!

Do I have to repeat myself again?
So? If you are a kid growing up in the NE and you like football and have aspirations of going to the NFL, guess what you go to college first. Typically with the exception of the top 2 % of recruits, kids go to colleges, relatively locally. Your theory is incorrect and oversimplified, and you yelling that you are correct and talking down to people is totally out of line.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:14 AM

151 posts, read 132,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
So? If you are a kid growing up in the NE and you like football and have aspirations of going to the NFL, guess what you go to college first. Typically with the exception of the top 2 % of recruits, kids go to colleges, relatively locally. Your theory is incorrect and oversimplified, and you yelling that you are correct and talking down to people is totally out of line.
No, your theory is incorrect. I LIVE here unlike you. Therefore, I know what goes on here.

And me putting capital letters is not out of line. Myself among many others have stated since page one of this thread that people are not into college football or anything under that level in post after post after post after post after post after post. Now, there is ten pages with many people saying the same thing. Yet people can't seem to grasp that concept when people in the northeast say we are not into college football or anything under that level.

Let me reverse the question to the south. Why does the northeast dominate the south in hockey? Why doesn't the south put any players in the NHL? The answer is because people in the south don't care about hockey. The exact same way people in the northeast don't care about college football or any level underneath colllege football. Some people watch it, but it takes a back seat to NHL, MLB, NFL and NBA.

Do I need to repeat myself again? There has been 10 pages with people repeating thmeselves over and over again.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
No, your theory is incorrect. I LIVE here unlike you. Therefore, I know what goes on here.

And me putting capital letters is not out of line. Myself among many others have stated since page one of this thread that people are not into college football or anything under that level in post after post after post after post after post after post. Now, there is ten pages with many people saying the same thing. Yet people can;t seem to grasp that concept.

Let me reverse the question to the south. Why does the northeast dominate the south in hockey? Why doesn't the south put any players in the NHL? The answer is because people in the south don't care about hockey. The exact same way people in the northeast don't care about college football or any level underneath colelge football.

Do I need to repeat myself again? There has been 10 pages with people repeating thmeselves over and over again.
I actually didn't really state a theory that could be called incorrect. And I have lived in Chicago, NJ (ocean city) and now am in NC, so once again, you are speaking in inaccurate tounges.

Putting capital letters and acting like you are the absolute authority on something does not cater to a conversation, in which clearly not everyone agrees with you. It is also disingenuous, but I love the ole, "I live here, so I know what I am talking about." Well silly me, I bow to your omniscient authority.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
I actually didn't really state a theory that could be called incorrect. And I have lived in Chicago, NJ (ocean city) and now am in NC, so once again, you are speaking in inaccurate tounges.

Putting capital letters and acting like you are the absolute authority on something does not cater to a conversation, in which clearly not everyone agrees with you. It is also disingenuous, but I love the ole, "I live here, so I know what I am talking about." Well silly me, I bow to your omniscient authority.
No, you are speaking incorrect.

The only people that don't agree with me are the people in the south. I think it goes right over their head when people in the northeast say they are not obsessed with college football like them.

I assumed the capital letters would help people understand. Since page 1 people have said over and over the answer. Yet they quote them and say "no, there has to be more than that, I don't buy that answer." That has been going on for 8 pages.

Should I repeat myself again?

Old 01-21-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Should I repeat myself again?
Do the people of CD sports fourm a favor, and don't.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee510 View Post
I think most college football teams in the south have a larger attendence rate because they lack major professional franchises. Collge football is all they have out there.
For instance in the bay area we have cal and stanford but we also 7 professional teams that we can go watch. September can get crazy here because we have college football going on and we have the giants and A's still palying baseball and then we have the raiders and 49ers starting their season and we also have the warriors playing. So sometimes college football gets overlooked because we already have so many pro teams in our region.
Quote:

There is everyones answer. Same for the northeast. Last post on page 2.

What is so hard for people to understand about that concept? Ever sense that post was made there there has been 8 pages of people repeating themselves.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:47 AM

And this explains the attendance, and certainly may be a factor in the matter at hand. Some of us like to explore all reasons though, and not just focus on one and act like it is the sole reason, as I said, that approach is oversimplified (ironically you yourself have described it as simple many times, noone disagrees with that assesment of your stance). Anyways, I'll step back from this thread as its getting a little out of hand.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:35 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Looks like it has. Looks like it's done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football