Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2010, 09:14 PM

150 posts, read 467,821 times

Advertisements

So I'm looking at starting at SMC next year and then transferring later to Art Center in Pasadena or something similar in a film program.

Can anyone with experience doing this sort of thing offer any advice on how to get started? I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around how to even begin figuring out what classes I need or how to get the whole thing started. It's all just a little overwhelming when you don't have much familiarity with this sort of thing.

Thanks in advance. I can provide more details if needed, feel free to ask.

Thanks again.

Last edited by The_Rambler; 06-17-2010 at 09:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 11:26 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,908,339 times
You need to talk to an academic advisor at Art Center. Find out what classes will transfer. Then talk to an academic advisor at SMC to map out a sequence of those classes. No one else can really answer the question, not even other students or faculty of these schools.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:42 AM

10,624 posts, read 26,739,553 times
Great advice by kodaka. We can't tell you what will transfer, as we don't work in Art Center's admissions department. Art Center is pretty competitive, so you could also find out what you need to have to make you a strong candidate for admissions. I don't know anything about film programs in these schools, but have you looked into PCC? Somewhere I read that they were a big transfer college to Art Center, although I assume that's in part because of the industrial design programs at both schools.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:02 PM

150 posts, read 467,821 times
Thanks you! That answers my question. I'll get in touch with them soon. I wasn't sure if I should contact the school first or not since I've sent their admissions department a few emails and haven't heard back. Guess I'll have to pick up one of those "tele-phones" and do it the old fashioned way :P I'm looking at Pasadena City College as an option, yes. They do have a good transfer program for Art Center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities