Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 10:17 PM

1 posts, read 942 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,

MY Situation:

I am 23 years old.
I have completed 2 years Bachelors Degree (B.Com = Bachelors of Commerce) from a Uni in Pakistan with a poor overall % of 53.
I have completed Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management (Level 7 awarded by ABP) from a College in UK.
I have done IELTS as well with an overall band score of 6.
I have no work / Business Experience.
I am Going to start prepairing GMAT.
I am not good in Theoretical subjects (where creative writing is involved), but i am good with practical subjects like Accounting , Maths etc.
I want to pursue my education in USA because my bro lives in Kennesaw, Georgia so accomodation will not be a problem for me.
I am thinking to apply for Georgia State Uni or Kennesaw State Uni for MAcc / MPA program.

This is where i need ur advice:

With my 2 years Bachelors Degree + Postgraduate Diploma, can i get enrolled in GSU or KSU?
(Or if i score good in GMAT, then what are my chances)

I am going for Masters in Accountancy MAcc / MPA, wld that be a right choice for my future? i wanted to do MBA concentration in Accounting but i think i can
t get in for that program without any work experience. Am i right?

Can u please suggest me other good uni's in USA where:

Masters programs (in Accounting) are AACSB accredited.
Very affordable for International students (Tuition + Accomodation Prices).
Application process is not hard.
Career / Internship oppurtunites after completion of Program.

Please guys help me what should i do, am i going for the right course, can i get enrolled in US uni?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 05:07 PM

497 posts, read 696,767 times
I live in Georgia, so I am familiar with both GSU and KSU.

I don't know if they will accept you into their programs, so you need to check with their admissions office. They will be able to tell you exactly what is required for the different degree programs.

I will say that GSU has a great Masters in Accountancy program and many companies in Atlanta recruit from the program.

Best bet is to pick up the phone or go online and search the admissions requirements for both schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities