Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 01:50 PM

87 posts, read 135,702 times

Advertisements

Hello All:

I am not sure if this is, technically, the right place to ask this question, but as it pertains to my continuing education, it seemed like the best fit.

I am currently a Radiologic Technologist on the East Coast. I have my A.S. in Radiologic Technology, and work as an X-Ray tech at a hospital. I am continuing my education in September, however I have yet to decide which direction is best for me.

I have been accepted into three (3) programs;

The first one is dual program where I will get my certificate in cardiac sonography as well as my bachelors degree in medical imaging. Combined, that will take two years to complete.

The second program is a highly regarded university certificate program where in 15 months I will earn my certification in diagnostic ultrasound and vascular ultrasound while being trained at one of the top university medical centers in the country.

The third program is an 18 month program, at one of the best hospital based programs in the country, where I would be trained in diagnostic medical sonography, as well as vascular ultrasound, and receive specialized training in abdominal, neurological, and gynecological sonography techniques.

Each one of those programs is attractive, and I am befuddled as to which one to enroll in. My question is this; are there any medical imaging and/or healthcare professionals out there who could speak as to which program would provide me with the most marketable resume/credentials? The end game in all this is obviously lucrative full-time work placement, and a steady career. I'd love to get my bachelors degree, but my training would be only in cardiac. I'd also love to train in vascular, diagnostic, and specialized imaging with the other two programs, but I wouldn't be able to "piggy back" my bachelors degree to those certification programs.......at least, not in house at those institutions, and not in an expedited time frame.

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities