Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2016, 03:48 PM

48 posts, read 41,812 times

Advertisements

Hey
I'm currently a Junior at an all-male Catholic prep school. I hear a lot of conservatives mope about how all of the "millennials" are whacked out Liberals. I wanted to give you guys a bit of inspiration.
I'm a very unique guy. I'm certainly no Liberal, but I'm not really a modern "conservative" either)I am a Paleoconservative of the intellectual Right. ( huge fan of Pat Buchanan)I absolutely LOVE reading. I was just an average student academically, but reading books( especially the Classics) absolutely changed me as a student, and as a person. I'm also very old-school in my lifestyle. I don't watch ANY TV, and do not play video games. I listen to mostly Classical ans religious choral music. The only "modern music I listen to is Traditional Pop( music created between 1925 and 1955) I hate today's "pop" music. It is dirty and sounds terrible. Virtually every song talks about something sexual. The songs make it sound as if all women are sluts. The music encourages fornication, and sometimes adultery. It is totally degenerate. As far as activities go, I enjoy golfing and fishing. Here are a few of my favorite political authors.
1. Pat Buchanan
2. Edmund Burke
3. Russell Kirk
4. Paul Gottfried
5. Francis Parker Yockey
6. Julius Evola
7. Robert Nisbet
8. Oswald Spengler
9. James Burnham
10. Joseph de Maistre
11. Sam Francis
12. Robert A. Taft
All of these guys have influenced me to some degree. I'm a devout Calvinist Anglican. I'm very conservative e politically. However, my views are nothing like the views of most "conservatives" today. I am extremely socially conservative, an Isolationist on foreign policy, a believer in domestic free-market Capitalism, and a Protectionist on trade. I'd repeal the 16th and 17th Amendments. I'd abolish the income tax, and replace it with a tariff. I'm also a strong believer in traditional gender roles. I HATE the way NeoCons worship Reagan and Thatcher( neither of them was actually conservative) I am very anti-Liberal and anti-egalitarian. I believe that hierarchy is a part of any sane society. However, I also believe that the people at the top have an obligation to be charitable yo the less fortunate.( Christ believed this as well) I'm also very Anti-Enlightenment. The Enlightenment was a wicked movement that destroyed traditional authority. So I not a Liberal, but I'm certainly not a modern "conservative" either.

Last edited by OldRight; 06-09-2016 at 03:57 PM..

Old 06-09-2016, 03:54 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
I know it probably feels like it, but none of that makes you especially unique.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:55 PM

22,600 posts, read 47,707,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRight View Post
To those who think all young people are wacky Liberals
And who would that be?

Old 06-09-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I know it probably feels like it, but none of that makes you especially unique.
I'd say it does for my age group.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
And who would that be?
Conservatives

Old 06-09-2016, 06:39 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,374,503 times
Eh. I've been there, and at your age. (uber religious fundamentalist, leaned Calvinist Baptist toward the end, super conservative in politics, especially social issues and foreign policy, etc., etc.) I thought I was totes cool, mature and enlightened. lololol

I much prefer being a whacky liberal.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:53 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,918,686 times
You are young. The world is not as cut and dry as you think. Give it ten years and get back to us.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:29 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,541,543 times
Closed. Not really on-topic for this forum.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities