Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2008, 01:22 AM

112 posts, read 361,644 times

Advertisements

Is it a good idea for 23-year old international transfer student to go to Cuesta College and transfer to 4-year uni?

i have spent 3 years in my college and got a diploma. I really dun want to spend another 4 years in Schools to get a degree. How is it possible to make it 3 years to get degree?

If i transfer my credits to Cuesta college, to what extend i could get exempted? I called Cuesta CC, and they said they do not have foreign credit evaluator and asked me to go through third-party organization like
www.acei1.com to get my credit evaluated. And then they could tell how much credits can be transferred. ( I have no idea why the credits cannot be evaluated by their counselor although my transcript and course syllabus are written in English and the grading system is same as US's?)

Or should i go directly to 4-year institution? That gives me shorter time to get a degree?

Please help me.

NS.If you're not sure, please do not post. that could make me more confused.

Additional info:
I have diploma in Computer Engineering and i intend to get Degree in Computer Science.
In my transcripts, all my subjects are Engineering subjects and i do not have GE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Rei

494 posts, read 1,762,546 times
Quote:
Is it a good idea for 23-year old international transfer student to go to Cuesta College and transfer to 4-year uni?

Why not finish your Bachelor's degree from where you are and come here to get a Master's? The way you're going right now is only gonna make you waste your time and money.

Even school in the US may not accept domestic engineering credits transfer, let alone foreign credits (example: my upper-level engineering credits from cal poly were not transferable to ucla as they do not have articulation agreement b/w the two schools.)

Old 12-09-2008, 05:06 PM

112 posts, read 361,644 times
Am i really wasting my time and money by doing so?

No schools in where i live offer me Computer Science Degree, but IT. If i do Information Technology for my Bachelor's degree, can i carry on my Master's in Computer Science in US?

My intention is to get US Green Card and work there.

I'm totally confused and lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities