Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 05:03 AM

3 posts, read 13,698 times

Advertisements

Am new in this forum. My question is, can i be granted approval to take the Nclex exam? because of criminal record which was later dismissed after probation for shoplifting/theft (class A misdemeanor). But the charges was before my Nursing program (2months before admission to the program).
I have a non-disclosure but do i still need to say on the declaratory of order?

Last edited by houstoner; 05-20-2009 at 05:59 AM.. Reason: Thread moved from Houston forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 09:17 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,554,386 times
Can we assume this is a Texas test since your post was moved from the Houston forum? Can you explain it further?

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:13 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,909,919 times
You might want to visit allnurses and check the forum there. I think they have a thread going where you can, at the least, get pointed to the regs you will need to check.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:44 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,349,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by November74 View Post
Am new in this forum. My question is, can i be granted approval to take the Nclex exam? because of criminal record which was later dismissed after probation for shoplifting/theft (class A misdemeanor). But the charges was before my Nursing program (2months before admission to the program).
I have a non-disclosure but do i still need to say on the declaratory of order?
Call the Board of Nursing! You don't have to disclose who you are, but didn't you have to do a criminal check before your hospital clinical rotations??

Old 06-03-2009, 07:37 PM

I graduated last year December 2008.Preparing to get my document together to take the Nclex, but my question is, Can i be granted permission to take the exam?
I did my BCK before the incident, so that does not prevent me from clinical rotation, thinking the charges will be dismissed beore the progrram started. Any advice will helped.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
I graduated last year December 2008.Preparing to get my document together to take the Nclex, but my question is, Can i be granted permission to take the exam?
I did my BCK before the incident, so that does not prevent me from clinical rotation, thinking the charges will be dismissed beore the progrram started. Any advice will helped.
Shouldn't you be talking to an attorney instead of random CD posters?

Old 06-04-2009, 08:25 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,349,731 times
Quote:
What Katiana said - and I'll add that you have bigger issues + your failure to disclose that you had charges pending would've been enough to have you dismissed from our nursing program. Ethics.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:47 AM

Even if i did not disclose it then, i have send my paper work in,so you are not in the position to say i HAVE BIGGER PROBLEM. God almighty will take control. If everything works out fine, i will get you informed.
Tanx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities