Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 12:15 PM

54 posts, read 74,394 times

Advertisements

My birthday is coming up soon and I have this tradition of going to a place back in Austin and gorge on bad ass ribs. In fact, I get what I call the Platter of Death; all you can eat five meats (brisket, ribs, turkey, sausage and chicken). Is there a place like that around here?
Also, if there is a good meat market where I can buy grade A meats; I'll smoke 'em myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 08:29 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,166,398 times
Some people love Rudy's - I am not a BBQ fan so I cannot say if its good or not....
BBQ by Rudy's Country Store | Now Taking Barbecue Orders Online

Old 12-22-2014, 10:07 AM

1,455 posts, read 1,858,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagumol View Post
My birthday is coming up soon and I have this tradition of going to a place back in Austin and gorge on bad ass ribs. In fact, I get what I call the Platter of Death; all you can eat five meats (brisket, ribs, turkey, sausage and chicken). Is there a place like that around here?
Also, if there is a good meat market where I can buy grade A meats; I'll smoke 'em myself
There's this place:

Welcome to Andy's Meat Market, providing meat, meat packaging, custom curing and meat smoking services in Colorado Springs, CO.

Never been, but it's been around for quite some time.

And then there's Ranch Foods Direct - lots of local eateries use their meat:

Products Ranch Foods Direct | Good Food ... That's Good For You

Old 12-22-2014, 10:40 AM

67 posts, read 108,656 times
Rudy's online menu shows everything you are looking for, minus the beef ribs. I've eaten there once and liked everything I had. It's the number one place I've been recommended when I've asked There is also a famous Dave's, but.......IMO their food is never the same. Ribs in particular are inconsistent.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagumol View Post
This place is great as well ... they don't have beef ribs, but the brisket is really good and they have some interesting apps and sides.

Front Range Barbeque

Old 12-22-2014, 08:33 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
I make my own...so sorry...I couldn't bring myself to eat ribs in public!!!

Old 12-23-2014, 07:24 AM

67 posts, read 108,656 times
Haha Miss Hepburn! Yes....it can be a bit messy using hands to eat BBQ. But nobody actually pays attention to the BBQ sauce on hands, fingers, or even the back of a head of other diners when they too are enjoying good BBQ. My theory has always been to just dig in, enjoy the mess....and clean up once when finished.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:21 AM

236 posts, read 370,408 times
Ditto Rudy's - great food and creative sides. The green chile stew is awesome.

If you like smoked links they have them also, and their chicken is not dried out. The turkey tends to be a bit more so.

Their pork ribs (baby backs or spare ribs) are outstanding. Order by the lb. and take them to the table in butcher's paper.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I make my own...so sorry...I couldn't bring myself to eat ribs in public!!!
we won't look ... promise

Old 12-31-2014, 05:29 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngigi View Post
we won't look ... promise
Then again, dirty old men like me would lick the sauce off her fingers..... yummmm
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs