Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2007, 04:11 AM

49 posts, read 244,986 times

Advertisements

I'll be visiting the area first week in July, does anyone have a suggestion for a nice fun dinner location in colorado springs or south of the springs?
He enjoys most types of food types however, Bar-B-Que seems to be the chosen menu for that type of year, July 4th. Any good Bar-B-Que eateries out there?
Does anyone have any idea of community events going on? Place and date of event or point me to the area of info. We are also driving south into Trinidad during this time, any rodeos going on? My son is not into night life-social gatherings/drinking , gambling etc. etc. Thanks for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 09:41 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
There is a big fireworks display in town on the 4th, at Memorial Park, free, tons of room there.

Parks info is at: City of Colorado Springs - Topic Pages
Map: Memorial Park Map
Ideas at: ColoradoSprings.com

Google on rodeo and cities of interest to find things to see/do.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:33 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Default Perfect Match

BBQ? Twenty first birthday? Come on. How about spending some time with Kurios and friends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurios View Post
...I also enjoy going to stripclubs to watch dancers. Does COS have anything like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COflower View Post
There are a few strip clubs in the city. They are scattered around town. ...I do have friends (men and women) who enjoy the strip clubs. Most notable is PTs (I think that's correct) on Evans in Denver, east and I think it's close to Federal Blvd. There are also a couple on Colorado Blvd (mostly "gentlemen's clubs") in the tiny little city of Glendale which is surrounded by Denver proper....

Old 06-07-2007, 10:19 AM

431 posts, read 2,794,161 times
I do know there is a rodeo etc going on in Greeley. Google it , Greeley Stampede ----http://www.greeleystampede.org/--I have understand there is quit a few things going on. That first week in July there maybe others. But the ones I know of are either earlier or later. July 19 Westcliffe, Colorado has their rodeo. Small western town but really do things big for celebrations. That could be on your way to Trinidad, beautiful ride if nothing else. Enjoy your visit.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:23 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,922,788 times
There is a street fair in Monument that weekend and a parade on the 4th. The parade is pretty typical small town with every kid in town participating in some form or another.
There is also fireworks at Palmer Lake, just north of Monument against the mountains.
Dave's Famous Barbque is on the north end of COS and has pretty good food. You might look into the 'Flying W' dinner and show. I've heard it's a great time. Maybe someone else has more info about it.
Greeley is way north of Denver and unless you're driving down from Wyoming, it's definitely not on the way to Trinidad.
I won't comment on Charles' suggestion

Old 06-08-2007, 09:02 PM

49 posts, read 244,986 times
Thanks for the suggestions. I will goggle some. I appreciate the kind advise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs